I.

______"Darling open your eyes

______
"Darling open your eyes. Let me show you the light, girl, you'll never find a love that's right."
______

I.
Let's go do something.❞

The store, Bloomingdale's, was packed and crowded as usual. People were rushing in, rushing out. Looking for things, anything. Looking for one certain thing. In fact, two certain people looking for one certain thing. They both had been running frantically around the store searching for one particular thing: A pair of black cashmere gloves. The gloves were absolutely perfect for each of their significant others! They were the perfect black cashmere gloves, and, the last ones in stock. They each spotted the gloves, each only a few feet away, walked quickly towards the gloves and they each grabbed them at the same time. Their hands briefly touched before they both dropped the gloves. The girl picked them up and tried handing them to the boy.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Um, here. You can take them." She told him.

"No, no, no, it's fine. You take them. I don't really need them." He said.

"No, you take them. I'll ask if they have more in the back." She said, then she grabbed the attention of a sales clerk that she knew. "Hey! Dominic, my man--"

"We're not friends. Please don't call me that." Dominic told her.

She nodded her head. "Noted. But I need some assistance, okay? These gloves," she held them up to show them to him, "you and I both know there's another pair or two in the back. So, if you would just go back there and check, that'd be fantastic." She then flashed him a big smile.

"Why can't you just get a different pair?" Dominic said.

She stood silent for a moment. "Um, because, uh. Well, you see, my friend is having an, um, operation tomorrow and she might not survive. She told me this morning that, uh, if she does somehow survive that she wants to have two pairs of those exact same gloves?" She obviously lied.

"Very convincing. Almost as convincing as last time." Dominic said.

"Can you just go check in back?" She asked.

"I was just back there, there's no more. So, sorry." Dominic told her.

She pressed her lips together in a thin line as she nodded her head. "Alright. But I'm never setting foot in this store ever again and every day I'm gonna protest right outside those doors."

"You say that all the time and here we are now." Dominic said before turning away from her.

When she turned around to see the boy still there and she was surprised that he hadn't taken off while she was talking to Dominic.