7. Where one cannot accept themself

It had been a couple of weeks since Josh had arrived in the barn. He pretty much hadn't left the group's side since then, and he was growing on Tyler. Alex still hated him, but grudgingly agreed to keep things civil. Jack had forgiven Josh almost immediately, mostly in awe of him being an angel. Kellin tried to keep his distance from Josh but he didn't outright dislike him.

Tyler was still a little creeped out by Josh though, as he had a habit of appearing behind him, and starting to talk with no warning. Josh would ask Tyler every once in a while if he remembered Hell, but Tyler would shut down and stop talking whenever that happened. Whenever Tyler shut down, Josh would disappear for a couple hours, and would be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

Jack was blind, but even he could see that Josh really cared about Tyler, probably loved him. The four mortal men all decided that having an angel in their midst wouldn't stop them from hunting, so on they went. It was tiring, and rarely would they find themselves happy. Josh sometimes got a smile out Tyler, something even Kellin couldn't do lately.

"Hey, Alex?" Jack asked, sitting in an armchair in their motel room.

"Yeah?" Alex replied, sitting down on the table next to Jack's chair.

"Are we alone right now?"

Alex looked at their surroundings, Kellin was out getting Chinese takeout for the group, and Tyler was with Josh outside, having some conversation. They'd been having a lot lately. "Yeah, we're alone."

"Do you think Josh loves Tyler?"

"Well, I mean he is his guardian angel.."

Jack sighed, exasperated. "No, I mean in a more romantic way."

"I don't know. Josh might love him, but last I checked I'm pretty sure Tyler's not gay."

"Well, you would know wouldn't you." Jack mumbled under his breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Nothing, it's just that you seem pretty gay yourself."

"Where would you get that idea?" Alex asked, leaning towards Jack.

"Maybe that time we..." Jack murmured. Alex looked outside the window, Kellin was no where to be found, and Tyler was engrossed in his conversation with Josh still. He quickly swept in to kiss Jack, who leaned into it. Alex climbed onto Jack's lap straddling him, their kisses going from soft to hard and urgent. Alex ran his hand through Jack's hair, while Jack's hands moved down Alex's back to rest on his hips. Alex's legs found themselves wrapped around Jack's midsection, while their breathing grew heavier and their bodies rubbed against one another.

Jack's hands moved to Alex's shirt buttons, and Alex was thrown back into reality. Breathing heavy he got off of Jack, backing away from him. "I'm sorry I can't do this."

"Alex, it's okay." Jack said, trying to calm the other man down.

"No, it's not okay! I'm just not ready."

"Ready for what exactly?! To come to terms with yourself? Do you not see it as natural or something? I think you of all people would understand what's natural." Jack's voice was raised.

"It's not that. It's just that.. Well, it's not me. There's nothing wrong with being gay, I'm just not."

"Alex, you can like men and women. You need to accept that, and when you do then you can talk to me again. I know you care for me, and I'm tired of waiting for you to realize it."

Alex tried to apologize. "Jack I'm sorry, okay?" He could bear to see Jack's angry face, and so he looked out the window. Tyler was still deeply in conversation with Josh, and Tyler held his compete attention. What alarmed Alex was the fact that Kellin was standing outside the door with a bucket of orange chicken and rice. He had seen pretty much everything, including the kiss.

Alex Gaskarth was truly and utterly fucked.

______________

Well that was fun, wasn't it? Look at me, updating so quickly. Guess I'd rather write than do homework. Not a lot of plot this chapter, but lots of Jalex, and a bit of Joshler. Hope you enjoyed it. Next time I'll probably introduce a new character, so stay tuned.

Anyway, thanks for reading!