6. Where one gets rescued

I cannot describe hell. 

It is the most horrible place and every second I was there I was yelling, screaming, crying.

It blurs together, all of it. I remeber bits and pieces of torture. 

Physical, mental, and I thought I was broken before.

Then he came. 

Indescribable. An angel. Beautiful. 

He saved me. Healed me. 

I was brought back to life and I forgot. 

*************************************

I woke up on a park bench. I had no idea where I was, who I was, and why I was alive.

Then it came back to me.

I'm Tyler Joseph and I hunt things.

***

A rapping was heard on the door of Kellin and Alex's hotel room. Kelvin got up to answer it and when he opened the door he saw the impossible. 

His best friend, Tyler Joseph was standing in front of him, in a tattered tshirt and jeans.

"Thank god you're alive." Tyler said, as Kellin stood speechless, watching Tyler walk inside, and promptly collapse onto Alex's bed.

Tyler woke up to a shocked Alex and Kellin, along with a strange man who had brown spiked hair with part of it dyed blonde, all looking over him. 

"Who are you?" He asked the strange man. 

"I'm Jack." He said. "I'm Alex's... friend, and I'm a hunter of sorts."

Alex was still in shock, but he could get out one three words. "What. The. Fuck." Kellin nodded slowly in agreement. 

Tyler sat up. "I'm back." He paused. "But I don't know how, or why, or who...." Tyler started to panic. 

Kellin sat down next to Tyler, comforting him. He looked up at Alex, who looked at Jack. "What?" Jack asked.

"You're a psychic right?" Alex said. 

"Right. You're lucky I stopped by. Tyler, uh, do you remeber anything?" Jack looked at Tyler who shook his head. "Ok then. Everyone, sit in a circle. I'll be back in a few minutes I need to grab some stuff from my car."

Ten minutes later the four men were sitting on the floor around a collection of candles. Jack had a book laid out in front of him and he was reading out of it in a strange language. 

"Okay, so I need to touch something the your rescuer touched." Tyler rolled up his sleeve, revealing a burn in the shape of a hand on his forearm. Kellin made a little gasping sound, and Alex looked away. 

Jack closed his eyes and focused. "Whoever you are, reveal yourself to me." All was silent. "I can take it," Jack said to the stale air. "Who are you?" A high pitched buzzing noise was heard and a bright light filled the room. Three of the four men closed their eyes, but Jack did not. 

***

Jack was blind. Tyler was crying, Alex was taking care of Jack, and Kellin was mumbling to himself. 

"What are you saying?" Jack asked, his voice remaining calm in his excruciating pain. 

"Joshua." Kellin repeated, louder and clearer this time. "Its name is Joshua."

Tyler took a deep breath and exchanged a look with Alex. "We need to get to a safe house." 

***

It was a couple hours later, and Alex and Tyler were inside a barn putting up a bunch of anti-demonic symbols on the walls. Jack was in the car with Kellin keeping him company. 

"How'd you know it's name?" Jack asked, rearranging the cloth over his eyes. 

"I don't know, I just... Heard it in my head." Kellin was at a loss for words. "I'm not psychic or anything that I know of." 

"Hey when you were a kid what was it like? You never talk about your past, all I know is Alex told me he met you and Tyler when you guys were all like 17. Have you always been a hunter?" 

"My dad died when I was like 3 months old. My mom, well she raised me the best I could. She was a little crazy. When she got drunk she always said a yellow eyed demon killed my dad. I never believed her. We moved around a lot, she could never keep a steady job. Freshman year of  high school I show up a month or two late. I meet Tyler and make friends with him. We know a couple other guys. My mom starts to settle in and she finally gets a steady job. Almost three years in that town, in one school. Then the accident happened. Tyler and I ran, he was a wreak. I had to take care of him. We met Alex on our way out. He was trying to go in, but we stopped him.   I never went back. Don't know who survived, probably no one."

 Kellin paused. "Never did say goodbye to my mom. Tyler and Alex explained everything about the monster world. Demons do exist. I became a hunter. Tyler's like my brother, I'd do anything for him. He was constant. Alex weaved in and out or our lives, but he's always been a friend."

Jack was silent. "I, well I met Alex when we were 22. He was on a case and I was a college senior. He figured out I was a psychic, and well I helped him. Started communicating with the supernatural world after that, helping whenever I could."

Both men sat in the car, motionless.

***

"Done." Alex said, looking at Tyler. The barn was covered in any anti demonic charm known to man. "Nothing's getting inside here." Both sat down exhausted, when the doors flew open. 

A man with black jeans, a hoodie, ear gauges, and blue hair walked inside. Alex grabbed his gun and fired a shot, but the man (demon? Monster?) ignored it as it sank into his chest. He walked up to Tyler and looked him straight in the eye. Tyler flinched, closing his eyes, waiting to be struck down in some way.

"You're less grave than I remember." The stranger said. "Tyler, don't you remember?"

"Uh... no. Who are you?" Tyler's eyes were open now staring into the man's brown eyes. 

"Well in your language my name would be Joshua. Do you really not remember me?" 

"You're the one who blinded Jack!" Alex grabbed his knife, attacking the stranger named Joshua. The blade stuck in him, but the stranger pulled it out and handed it back to Alex. 

"That was his fault. I'm sorry it had to happen to him, but he knew better." Joshua turned to Tyler. "I saved you Tyler. I saved you from hell."

"Why?" Tyler asked under his breath.

"Because I was told to. Don't you remember me?"

"No, I'm sorry... The last I remember is dying." 

Joshua looked down, saddened that the man he had saved had forgotten him.

Alex pushed Josh asking, "What the hell are you?"

"I am an Angel of the Lord, and I have been assigned to watch over Tyler Joseph."

__________________

Well. Sorry for not updating for forever, but at least this is a semi-long chapter. 

I am working on this, just very slowly. 

I have no idea when I'll update again. Maybe this weekend, maybe in June. I hope you enjoyed it, and I am working on another book that's a high school AU. I'm going to publish the first chapter of that when I get seven chapters in, so I don't have to worry about updating super slow. I'm currently on the second chapter of that and am getting it written a bit faster than this. Hopefully that book will be published once every two week, but they're semi long chapters. 

Anyway, I hoped you liked it, and at least Josh is now around. (Also thank you for 100 reads, it doesn't seem like much but when I saw it I got really excited.)