4. Where one's backstory is given

I'm dead. Well, not yet. But I'm close. A year goes by fast, especially when you have one guy who could barely forgive you for saving his life and another mad at you for dying. 

Yeah. I'm a few days away. Five to be exact. The hell hounds will come,and I'm going to be gone. I'll be in hell. 

It's where I belong anyway. 

Another year another school. Tyler Joseph walked through the crowd of kids making friends, not bothering to talk to anyone, because he knew he wasn't going to be at this school long. His dad told him three months, tops. This case was going to last a little longer but they always move on. They never stay in one place. 

Tyler wades through the sea of bodies to find his way to the front office. As he waits to talk to the principle he sees another boy, with angular hair and thin black glasses, about the same age as him, fourteen, step out of the principles office. 

"Mikey, I'm sorry about your brother but you still need to try in school."

"Fuck off."  The other boy, Mikey, walked away from the principle with his middle finger in the air. 

"I'm sorry you had to see that." The man apologized. He then started to help Tyler register at the school. "Most people register during the summer." 

"Yeah well I just got here this morning."

"Well then son, let's get you set up." 

Tyler decided to take a risk. "Who was that boy?"  He asked.

"That was Mikey Way. Now I'm all for making new friends and all but you really shouldn't talk to him."  The principle explained.

"Well why not?" 

"In the past, Mikey's had issues. It's been especially bad since his brother passed away from the accident." The man paused. "Now I shouldn't be telling you this but I just have to warn you. Make friends with almost anyone but him." 

"Thanks sir. I'll be sure to stay in a good crowd." Tyler told the man. He left the office to go to class. 

***

When lunch time came Tyler Joseph took a seat right next to Mikey Way. 

Mikey didn't talk to him that day. Or the day after that. Or the day after that. Mikey didn't talk to him for two weeks but everyday Tyler sat next to the other boy. 

One day Tyler sat down to eat his lunch when Mikey looked up at him, and asked a question. "Do you like that band?" 

"What?" Tyler looked at the other boy, then down at his shirt. He was wearing an old Linkin Park tshirt with holes frayed into the sleeves. "Yeah, why?" 

"You play music?" Mickey looked back down at his food. 

"I taught myself a little piano and ukulele but that's it." Tyler was now confused. 

"Meet me at the old bandroom at the back of the school when seventh Period ends." Mickey stood up to walk away and paused. "What's your name?" Tyler answered and Mikey walked away from the almost empty lunchtable, leaving Tyler alone with his thoughts. 

***

When the last bell rang Tyler found the bandroom and in it was Mikey, tuning a bass, a boy with a brown fringe playing guitar, and a boy with unkempt brown hair touching his shoulders fixing a drum set.

"Tyler, this is Ryan Ross and Andy Hurley." Mikey introduced. "We're a, uh, band I guess."

"Cool," Tyler told them. "What music do you play?" 

"Just covers. Mostly blink-182 and linken park but some other stuff too." Ryan said. "I sing too." 

"Can I hear it?" asked Tyler.

"That was sort of the point." Andy replied. The three boys prepared to play a song, and when they did, Tyler was impressed. The next song he joined in, playing keyboard. 

Everyday when school ended after that Tyler would play with them. They never talked about their pasts or their current lives, they just played. He found a little purpose in music, and one day a boy with long black hair came to the school. He sat down next to Mikey and Tyler at lunch, while both of them noticed his green day t shirt. This boy joined their small ensemble a week later and with Kellin Quinn they were complete. 

Funny thing about dying is, that your not dead yet. It gives you time to think about things. Things you don't want to think about, things you're scared to think about. You think about your past. Your mistakes. The people you left behind. The people you kept with you. 

When your dying, you think about who you love most. 

You think about those who are already dead. 

***

Alright well that was this chapter, yay!!!! It was just a little backstory on Tyler, and the backstory isn't quite completed. Next chapter will be set in the present day though, and hopefully it will come out on Tuesday as planned. 

Hope you enjoyed it!!!

(Also don't worry Josh is coming in soon he's just biding his time.)

(This chapter is dedicated to PraiseCastiel for taking such an interest in my book!)