Chapter Thirty-Four

Beginne am Anfang

I follow Blake upstairs to his former bedroom so that we can put our things down. Inside the bedroom is a double bed, a chest of drawers, then a cot pushed up against the wall.

"It's cute you still have a room here." I smile.

"We'll always have a room here." He shrugs. "She's hopeful that one day this will be London's room for when she stays over. I think she eventually wants to paint it. London changes her mind about colours." says Blake.

"Why are you sad about it?" I wrap my arm around his waist, then kiss his cheek.

"Because this whole custody thing is doing my head in. Mum, Tori, and I want London and we can't divide her between the three of us, can we!"

"I think things will settle into place eventually. Until then, just enjoy tonight."

"You are right." He nods.

"That's something I wish you'd say more of," I tease.

"Hm, have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he asks.

"Not tonight." I casually shrug.

"You look stunning in this dress." He kisses my forehead.

"And you look rather dapper yourself." I tug on the label of his suit jacket.

"Thank you." He smiles.

Blake and I walk outside and rejoin the remainder of the group. Everyone is heading to their seats, so we walk over to Thomas and Angela's tables in hopes of finding our own seats. Blake is seated in the middle of London and I, myself next to Tori followed by Jude. I'm surprised to see Tori here, but I guess Angela would have paid for the meal by the time Jude and Tori figured their situation out.

Blake shoots Jude a frown, which results in him shrugging his shoulders. It's now that I feel things are going to end up turning awkward, and quickly. I hope the three of them can suck up their attitude for the sake of Angela and Thomas.

"How's London enjoying her big girl seat?" I look past Blake to see London seated in a chair similar to ours. Instead, it's a bit taller to bridge the gap, and there's straps to make sure she doesn't fall off.

"Ahh," she screams with happiness.

"I'll take that as a yes." I giggle.

A set of servers come around to the table and dish out a set of beautifully crafted meals. There's an option of roasted pork, beef, and chicken with sides of mash, steamed vegetables, and gravy poured to the side.

I choose the beef and prompt Blake to get the pork so that I can steal his food. Angela covers London's food by bringing her a selection of pure mash and soft vegetables to gnaw on. Thankfully, we've got a spare change of clothing. It's not a pretty outfit, but it'll do.

Halfway through dinner, Jude gets a message on his phone, which prompts him to leave the dinner. Tori looks worried, so she excuses herself from the table to chase after him.

"Should we be worried about them?" I whisper to Blake.

"We should be worried about the mess London is making." He cocks his head in the direction of London. I look around and see the mash potato slopped down the front of her dress. There's a carrot stick hanging out of her mouth, but she's grinning madly, which makes me happy.

"I bags not cleaning her up." I pop a potato into my mouth.

"I'll get started." Blake unbuckles London from her chair and walks towards the house. Instead of holding her to his chest, he holds London out so that he doesn't get potato on his shirt. While Blake slips inside of the house, Angela takes Blake's seat.

"How are you enjoying yourself?" she asks.

"The food is wonderful," I compliment. "And I love what you've done with the garden too."

"Thank you." She giggles.

"And I'm sorry about before; being late and with no present."

"I don't need a present," she easily dismisses. "I'm happy to just have my family here and seeing my babies happy. He's happy every day he's with you, and that's all I need."

"That's very cute." I smile.

"Now, where has my son gone? He's supposed to give a speech."

"I'll go find him. He's probably still cleaning London up."

"Thank you, Ava." Angela smiles.

Angela gets up to talk with someone else, while I head into the house. I expect to hear laughter, maybe some joking, but I don't expect this. As I run up the stairs, I see the three of them arguing, London crying as their voices fight for domination.

"What the hell is happening?" I shout.

Jude goes quiet, Blake looks confused, and Tori is lost for words. I take London from Blake's arms and cuddle her to my chest. The three of them look like gasping fish, which makes me curious to see what's happening.

"Am I going to get any answers?"

Tori looks at Jude, then Blake, and finally at me. Her nervous posture makes me worried because of Tori's history. It's hard to know if she's ever telling the truth when she's tangled in her own web of lies. Then again, maybe we're pinning the blame on the wrong person?  

Funny enough, my boyfriend and I just celebrated three years of dating! :D More will be coming after this weekend