chapter | thirty-six

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

sasha's POV :

I walked through the door of the mansion at the early morning hour of 6.40am, a smile set on my face at the thought of the new friends I successfully made tonight and yes surprisingly I included Everest on that list.

I kicked off my shoes and went to the kitchen to grab a cup of milk before I went to bed, I was carefully silent because didn't want to wake Damian or Nathan up, both of them would be mad that I snuck out.

I wonder if Nathans even home from his fighting set yet?

I entered the kitchen and flicked on the light; my heart jumped at the sight of Luke who was sitting in the darkness his head on the table top while he grasped his hair between his fists. He didn't shift nor acknowledge the obvious fact that I was standing a few feet from him.

He never enters the kitchen for longer than ten seconds, so naturally, I was shocked to see him sitting silently in the seat at the darkest hours of the night.

I ignored him walking over to the fridge and pulling out a carton of milk.

In the thick tension-filled silence, I managed to pour a steady glass of milk, that is until Luke opened his big mouth at the exact second I brought the cup to my lips, my heart leaps once again out of my chest at the shock, causing me to spill some milk over myself. I sighed in frustration.

"Sasha," I looked up from my milk cover shirt and met his gaze which was solemnly set on me, what I saw in his eyes; had my heart jumping for the third time within the last ten minutes.He looked so broken, fragile and human.

"What happened," I demanded, refusing to let my voice waver, something horrible must have happened.

He cower's backward and a little sniff echoes through the shallow room, I walk over to my father and stand next to him, I almost didn't catch the strange sound leave his lips, but I did.

My hard gaze was set staring at him as he broke right before my very eyes, that's something I next expected to see. I ignored my racing heart and tried to get him to answer me.

He sniffed again, bringing his arms over his eyes and hiding his face from me.

"Dad..." I said more calmly and gently, just like the old Sasha, I frowned hearing the familiar tone of voice leave my own lips.

Without responding he stood suddenly, making his chair scrape backward and fall, the sound left my ears ringing.

"W-we have to go!" He chanted while scrambling around the room, looking for something.

I followed him for a few seconds before grabbing his shoulders and spinning him around and staring into his frantic, wild, eyes, "Luke, what the hell is going on."

"It's your brother; we have to go Sasha!" He cried and ran to the door, pulling it open.

"Wait, Nathan? What happened?" I chased him following him towards his car.

"H-he," Luke whispered while we jumped in the car and within seconds were speeding down the street, Luke grip on the steering wheel was so tight that I saw the many veins and wrinkles on his old hands turn white.