2.1 | Cold & Empty + My Darkest Place

Comenzar desde el principio

Lost in kicking the sand under my feet as I took my sweet time walking to the shops, I didn't realize there were guys walking up to me from behind. One of them took me by surprise by putting his hand around my back. "Hey honey, are you lost?"

I jumped away from him at once. Anger flaring in my eyes, I slapped him hard across his cheek. "I think you are the one lost."

In an initial attempt to punish him for his insolence, I hadn't noticed the other two just as well built as the first one until they walked around my front.

Now, my confidence staggered as I felt myself cornered. One? I could manage. But three? I did not hold such pride that I would be ignorant to convince myself I could trick them into escaping.

Terror choked my throat as my ears began to ring, zoning out everything around me. I could not even speak to ask for help. Knowing that I was physically in danger did it for me. Images of past flashed in front of my eyes, immobilizing me, seizing my capacity to even move away from them.

"You bitch." The one I had slapped took a dangerous step towards me, ready to slap me back when he was pulled back, a hand obstructing and grabbed his hand mid-way.

Arnav showed his face and warned, "I think it's best you forget the lady and leave." His jaw was tightly clenched. His eyes, those shade of dark brown. Cold and empty.

The last person I expected to be my savior was this guy.

My attacker scoffed, believing Arnav couldn't scare away all three of them. "Or what?"

I watched as Arnav's lips turned up in a mocking smile. That look put together on his face was one to be afraid of. It screamed danger. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Without a second to spare, he twisted the hand still held mid-way forcing the guy to turn his back to me and face him. I winced as Arnav kicked the back of his knee and he fell forward on them losing his balance. When the second guy came to defend his friend, Arnav swiftly moved his head back to dodge and punched him on his chin. His head turned up and I heard a crack, possibly his jaw.

Seizing the opportunity, he left the first guy and punched him once again in his stomach. The man stumbled back, hunching over with his hands clutching on to his stomach. Another punch on his face and the guy was on the sand, blood oozing out of his teeth.

I flinched hearing the thudding sound. Arnav's gaze turned to the third guy and I didn't think twice before my hands reached up to hold on to his upper arm. He had sent the message. He needed to stop now. Any more violence and the guys could be in need for some serious medical help and that could get Arnav in legal trouble.

Why did I care about that? I do not know. I just knew that I wanted him to stop this violence and my body seemed to be acting on its own to make it happen the quickest way possible.

He didn't move in the third guys direction though he did send a death glare. The three scrambled away in the opposite direction.

His eyes then softened as he blinked down at me. "Are you okay?"

I didn't respond back.

I couldn't.

I was so close to being assaulted again.

All my blood seemed to be draining in the flashbacks.

"Khushi?" He called out, worried.

I continued to stare at the fabric of shirt right in front of my eyes. He was standing too close and I had no energy to move away. His voice seemed to be echoing. Was it the lack of oxygen? Something was making me faint and lightheaded.