27 - Betting on You

"Oi! Hurry up and stop playing around! I've been waiting here outside for ages." Sony is talking to her sister over the phone while leaning on her car outside the school gate.

"Arasso." The line disconnected not even letting Sony say another word.

"Eonnieee!!" Zee and Dija came skipping steps with hands on each other's shoulders. Are they even kids? Cris is following quietly behind them. Something is wrong.

***

SONY's POV

While busily observing Cris' not-so-normal behavior, an arm suddenly choked my neck.

"Noona!"

"Ah kapchagi!" I held my chest, feeling the crazy beating of my heart because I really got startled but recovered at once when I saw who is the owner of that arm. "Bogumie!"

"Keurae.. Naya.." He said showing a cute smile to me.

"Woah!" I looked at my cousin who I haven't seen for years. They transfered to US that's why. "You've grown taller and more handsome."

"I see you have changed a lot too unlike someone I know who didn't even grow up." Bogum haven't changed too. He still loves bullying Dija.

"Are you talking about me now?" Dija butted in.

Bogum chuckled. "Anyway, Noona, you still pick up this kiddo? Just give her her own car."

"Don't tell me you have your own car too?" Dija asked.

"And what? Drive her girls around like what he did in US? Do well on your studies first. Don't disappoint me for letting you go with me here, or else I'm going to send you back to US." That voice though. I can tell it's Hyung Sik's.

"Hyung! Stop saying that." Bogum said, his innocent eyes growing large.

"Hyung Sik Oppa!" Dija is quick enough to cling into our older cousin's arm.

"Oppa, they are my friends, Zeisha and Cris.." Dija stopped. "Huh? Where did Cris go? She was just here a while ago.." Dija looked around but Cris is nowhere to be found.

Where did Cris go? I also looked around to check but she's nowhere near.

Zeisha showed a mysterious smile. "Annyeong Bogumie's Hyung!" She said waving two hands to Hyung Sik.

"Why do I get the feeling that you know each other Zee and Sik Oppa?" I voiced out just what my gut feel says, my hands are crossed over my chest. "And Cris.. Something is wrong with her." And I'm itching to find out.

Dija snapped a finger in the air. "Ah right!"

"What?" I asked, expecting that she knows.

"Is she perhaps one of the girls you drove to tears? You're so dead Park Bogum." Dija showed a serious face, tyring to make Bogum feel scared.

Bogum smirked. "Okay. All right.. I'm the player. I'm the bastard. I'm the asshole. Put it all on me." He said with full of sarcasm.

Hyung Sik cleared his throat. "Dinner anyone? My treat."

"Of course we won't say no. Kaja!" And Dija ran towards Hyung Sik's car dragging Zeisha behind. Bogum on the other hand stayed with me and begged me to let him drive.

***

While trailing behind Dija, Zee and Hyung Sik Oppa, Bogum and me are casually chatting.

"Noona, so you've been working now in your own company?" -Bogum