Chapter Twenty

I sit in the corner in shock. Did he really just do that?
"Maddie? Are you okay?" Anna says handing me a glass of water.
"I don't know," I say, my voice weak, as take a sip of the water.
"Someone needs to call Charlie and tell him what happened," Robin says to the group.
"I'll do it," James said taking my phone and putting in the password.
James and I have been friends since the beginning of the school year. He's my gay best friend really. He's a bit taller than me, about 5'6", skinny and has light brown hair that is always puffed up in a quiff style.
"It's okay. We'll sort this out," Sarah says as she pulls me in a hug when a tear I didn't know had fallen fell onto my hand. Her larger frame compared to James makes me feel safe.
"But what if it isn't? What if he believes Jack? What if he breaks up with me?" I say the tears running down my face more.
"Don't what if? If you what if you'll panic yourself and then who knows what will happen," Anna says as James comes back over to us. He takes Robin before whispering something into her ear. I look towards them confused and scared. They kept looking back over to me before carrying on with what they are saying.
"You tell her," Robin whispers sharply at James as they walk back over to me.
"Charlie said he'll talk to you outside the gate but he doesn't want anyone else with you," he tells me as I nod.
"He's on his way now. He said he'll be here in 10," he continues.
"Did you tell him that jack took my phone? Or about the ... you know," I say gesturing to my cheek.
"I told him that jack took your phone and that it's not true but I didn't tell him about the slap. You need him calm to talk to. You can't explain everything while he's wanting to punch the hell out of Jack," James explains taking my hand as he crouches in front of me.
"Okay," I release a deep breath.
"Maddie, there's something else," Robin says coming closer to me.
"What?" I say, looking up at her scared.
"Ma'am heard about what happened. She wants a statement from you so they can give Jack the right punishment," she tells me.
"I can't," I say getting very defensive.
"It's okay. We told her that you won't want to but that I will," she explains to me as she calms me down.
"Thank you," I breath.
***
"Are you okay?" Sarah asks me as They walk me to the first set of gates.
"I think so," I say as my stomach twist it's self in knots.
"We'll be right here," Anna says as they stop and stay behind the gate while I walk out towards Charlie. I feel like a solider about to enter the battlefield, walking across the target range.
"Hi," I say weakly as I reach him.
"Hey. Shall we?" He says as we start to walk away from the school.
"Charlie I'm sorry," I say breaking the silence first.
"I don't know what to say. I thought we were okay. I mean, yesterday was amazing. Was I just a fling to you?" He asks, his voice laced thick with pain. We stop at the field, sitting on the bench.
"No. You are the guy that I love. There is no-one else. Jack hurt me a lot. But that is all in the past. You are the only one that I want to be with. There's something here that I've never had before," I say gesturing between the two of us. "The whole reason that I was upset was because Jack had ruined the night I had planned for you."
Instead of saying anything back, Charlie takes me by surprise and kisses me. The kiss is sweet and loving, mixed with the saltiness of my tears. Soon it becomes deeper and passionate and then the sound of a camera going off.
"What the fuck?" Charlie says looking over at where the sound was.
"Oh my god. It's Luke," I gasp.
--
Hi. I know it's a short chapter but I think it works better this way for the story.
See the boys in MK tomorrow. Can't wait. Hope to see some of the fans that are reading this. If you see me say hello.
With love,
M. Xx