|| Chapter 3 ||

Steven R. Mcqueen as Noah Hale (definitely did not steal him from vampire diaries XD)

"Hey mom!" I greeted her as she pulled me in the living room. Ok, she's creeping me out. I only see her in the mornings when she gives me a ride to school but all day she's at work, so why is she home so early?

"So why are you so early?" I asked the question that was in my head since I came in.

"We have something very important to discuss," She said in a serious voice.

"Sit," She pointed at the sofa. Is she sending me away? Oh my god... she might! A few days ago, I overheard my mother talking to someone on the phone about sending me away to a boarding school. It broke my heart because I thought my mother loved me enough to keep me.

"Mom, please don't send me away!" I said with tears in my eyes as looked down on my hands not wanting her to see me cry.

"Honey, I'm not sending you away,"

"Y-You're not?" I asked looking up.

"No honey! Don't ever think that I'll give you away," I looked down again.

"But you're father-" I looked back at her with anger in my eyes.

"Don't you dare talk about that bastard that abandoned us!" I yelled. He abandoned us when I was only six. It was heartbreaking for my mother and me but we got over it somehow, we stayed strong.

"The truth is... he didn't abandon us... he left to protect us, you see he owns the biggest company in America and some people are always trying to kill him so his company can shut down, he left us to protect us but he promised that he'll be back as soon as he passes down the ownership of the company to someone else. None knows that he has a family and that's why he left us." She said and sat next to me.

"After ten years this is his answer. When will he be coming back?" I asked.

"In three months he will be able to return to us,"

"So..? You could have told me this in three months, I mean I would still hate him the same," I said honestly.

"Honey, they found out about his family, they found out about us and they are going after you or me, and that's why I've hired someone to always be with you and to protect you," She paused for a moment. "He is my best friends son and he goes to your school. I believe he is in some of your classes but it's ok because he will switch to have the exact same schedule as you,"

"Mom, you're saying that you hired a complete stranger to follow me around like some creep?" I asked not believing my own words.

"Yes honey, I believe I have," I face palmed myself.

"And he knows how to fight so that's good," She said as she smiled.

"Mom, I know how to fight!" Believe it or not but I used to fight at the bars. Yeah... I did. I went by the code name Red, I guess I just like the color so much that I named myself after it, I stopped when my mom found out. Let's just say things weren't easy, she was pissed, very pissed, and she was worried so she made me promise to never bar fight against men or women again. I keep my promises but I still practiced in my walking closet, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Honey! It's been a month since that happened, you probably don't remember how to!" Oh trust me mother, I do.

"So, when am I meeting the stranger?" I asked.

What if he is hot? What if we become close friends, or maybe boyfriend? What if we get married and have kids? Awe that would be so cute! A girl can dream...