Kian & Cecilia

133k - 137k Yesterday 😍
138k - 140k today 😍

Kian's POV:

"Hey there's grandma! Ima go say hi." Cecilia informed us as we stopped at the front desk

Before she could run off, Allison had stopped her.

"You know how grandma is pretty easy to set off, just make sure you don't say anything that'll..you know.." she whispered

Cecilia responds by giving her a small smile and nod before walking off to greet her grandmother.

Allison gives Jermai a knowing look before shaking her head and focusing on talking to the lady at the front desk. I furrowed my eyebrows at the suddenly unsettling feeling in my gut.

Something doesn't feel right.

I turn my attention back to Cecilia and her grandmother. Her grandma looked happy to see her, but when they were hugging you could tell something was bothering and upsetting her.

She pulls back with a sad smile and begin to tell Cecilia something. I tried to focus on what she was saying but I still couldn't make out or hear anything she was saying.

I watched as Cecilia let go of her grandmothers hand, shaking her head as she backed away slowly. Something her grandma said had obviously upset her.

I turn to walk over to her, but everything happened so fast. Cecilia had ran off through the two large doors that led to one of the hospitals hallways.

"Cecilia?" Jermai and Allison both question now that their attention was brought to what was happening

"Cecilia!" I called out and instantly went to follow after her

+

Cecilia's POV:

I walked into the hospital right next to Kian as we trailed along behind my parents. We stopped at the front desk and mom had begin to talk to the lady sitting behind it.

My eyes scattered around the room until they stopped at the sight of a very familiar blue haired lady, who had just walked out of the double doors that led to a hallway.

Grandma

I felt so over excited to finally see her. You see, my grandmother is a traveler, she's always been one since she met grandpa. I barely got to see them both as much when I was a kid because they'd always be off to some weird spot in the world. They actually met when grandpa was coming home from a well known battle that was happening in the late 30's through the mid 40's.

Now that grandpa has gotten worse over the past years, grandma would travel occasionally without him to keep her job and make enough for him and her both.

"Hey!" I continuously tapped moms shoulder to grab her attention

"Yes Cecilia?" She turns around with a slightly irritated expression

"There's grandma!" I point towards where she is

"Im gonna go say hi." I tell them

Before I could walk off, mom lightly tugged me back before whispering to me,

"You know how grandma is pretty easy to set off, just make sure you don't say anything that'll..you know.."

I smile in reassurance with a quick nod so that I can get to her fast. Mom lets me go and just like that, I made - basically skipped my way over to my grandmother.

"Grandma!"

She turns around in surprise before she realized it was me and held out her arms for a hug. I grin and accepted the long embrace. While I was hugging her, I could feel her body trembling.

I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly pulled back to ask her if she was okay. I didn't realize until now, how bloodshot and puffy her eyes were as she gave me a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" I panic in worry

"Lia, darling" she held one of her hands with both of mines as she reached up with the other to push back one of my fallen hairs off of my face

"What? Did you miss me this much?" I joked

She lets out a small laugh "that too." She responds

"Too?" I questioned

Her smile turns into a frown as she stared me deeply in the eye, like she was afraid of what she was about to say.

"Remember the story I told you when you were little and you came home crying because one of the pissy little boys at your school had told you that you were going to hell?" She brought up

I tilt my head "yeah.. but what does this have to do with anything?"

"You were afraid that it was something bad, which it is, because you didn't know what the difference between hell and heaven was at such a young age. I had told you hell was something you would never want to end up in or experience," she sighed before continuing on

"Then.. I had explained to you what heaven was. I know it probably doesn't make sense to you now that you're older, but remember when I told you about heaven running out of angels so god would come down occasionally and pick a very special person who has done their time and was ready to be lifted, giving them access into heaven and becoming a new angel?"

"I remember," I tell her, but I was still in a confused state "but why is this all being brought up right now?"

My eyes saddened as I watched a tear fall from her eye and hit the part of her cardigan that covered her entire arm.

"Grandma.." My breath hitched

"Y-your grandfather.." she begin to stutter

I slowly shook my head not wanting to hear what she was gonna say next.

"It was his time," she nods as more tears flowed down her cheeks "he's one of those angels now."

My heart shattered at the sound of her words. Everything around me seemed to slow down and my breathing increased. I stare into blank space as many emotions ran through my head.

"You're lying." I whispered and slowly released my hands from hers

"Lia, I-"

Before she could finish what she was going to say, I let my thoughts take control of me and soon I once again found myself sprinting through the hospital hallways.

I was reminded with flashes of the dream I once had in that painful hospital chair. I bumped into a couple people and nurses, not looking back to apologize until I reached a certain room.

I slowed down my pace as I inched closer to the room. I was breathing heavily and my chest felt like it was burning. I stopped in front of the numbers '213' that was written on the closed door.

I slowly reached out my now shaky hand as tears fell directly on to the doorknob. I was too afraid of what was really waiting to be revealed behind the door.

I squeezed my glossy eyes shut before inhaling and exhaling a deep breath. Time had slowed down once I twisted that doorknob and pushed open the door. I waited for a few minutes before opening my eyes to see what was truly there.

Once I could finally see, I gasped, clasping both hands over my mouth in shock

****

😶🤞🏽