Epilogue

~ Gray ~

It is official. Seth is better.

The cancer should be completely gone and there's very little chance of it returning and I just couldn't be happier. Seth couldn't be happier and Mikael and Elija couldn't be happier. We're all just one big, happy ball of giddiness, and just to show everyone how happy we are, we end up running out of the hospital after the news, screaming and jumping, hurrying over to the closest shop that sells ice cream to celebrate with a cone filled with a ridiculous amount of scoops.

We already knew it was going the right way, but to actually hear them say that he's going to be fine is the biggest relief ever. It's like a massive weight is lifted off our shoulders. Seth is feeling less weak every single day and his hair has even grown back already. It looks exactly like it used to. He has lost a bit of the weight he had before he started the treatment, not looking as much like the big guy he used to be, but he now seems a lot healthier than a few weeks ago.

The past few months, we have spent so much time together. Talking, kissing, more talking, eating, more kissing. It was absolutely great. The little dates we had. The simple evenings on the sofa, watching TV and eating take-out. It comforted both of us. It was all we needed during that time and more. But here comes the... embarrassing part...

Sex.

For a long time, I didn't even think about it. The only thing on my mind was Seth's health and I suppose it's not in my nature to be as... horny as the next door neighbors. I'm pretty sure Seth didn't think about it either, because he was very busy being sick and fighting the disease with all he had.

When he started to get better, however, I slowly came to the realization that we had been together for several months and we still hadn't done anything other than some make out sessions. No clothes had left our bodies in heat. The only reason why we'd get naked (or well, half-naked) was to lie down in bed and sleep in each other's arms.

It set me thinking and that kind of freaked me out. And it still freaks me out every time it crosses my mind. Especially when we're in bed together and I can just reach out to feel his bare chest any time I want. I could do anything and he'd probably like it and the scary thing is that I want it, too. Really, really badly.

So that night, after hearing the good news, I can no longer keep it to myself. I'll tell him what I would like to do with him and he could say no because he's still too weak or something like that, or he could just say he doesn't want to do it for whatever reason, and that is all fine. Or he could say he'll make love to me right then and there and I'd say yes a thousand times over. Then why am I so embarrassed to tell him? It's not like he'll laugh at me. It's not like it is embarrassing, even though it feels like the most embarrassing thing ever. I guess I'm just really unfamiliar with the whole situation...