7: Movies, Popcorn, & Harry Styles

Start from the beginning

"I'll drive." Amber states, beginning to make her way toward the driver's side.

"No, I'll drive." I tell her, about to follow her to the side of the car when she stops me. She's still frowning, pointing a finger at me as her other hand falls on the hood of the car.

"I've lived here longer. I know the directions and I don't want to get into an accident."

Normally I would have said something rude in reply. She doesn't want to get in an accident? I'm offended. I'm a great driver! But I didn't protest. She was right. I don't my way around the city. It's only my second time in L.A. and honestly, I don't feel like getting lost.

"Fine." I snap, prying open the passenger door. "But I'm a brilliant driver." With those words, I slide into the passenger's seat and cross my arms over my chest. Amber gets into the driver's seat, finding the keys already in the ignition. She's quick to start the engine, taking her time to adjust the mirror.

"We're going to be late." I inform her, reaching over to turn on the radio.

Amber ignores me, releasing a huff before pulling out of the driveway. Something must have crawled into her trousers this morning. She woke up with such a snotty attitude. Then again, when did she not have an attitude? I bite my lip, realizing what a stupid question that was. I can remember a time when Amber was nice...

I shake away the thought as the radio starts to play probably the worst song I could ever imagine.

"7am, waking up in the morning. Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs..."

Normally I would have quickly changed the station in order to keep my ears from bleeding. That's not what I did, though. I smirk as Amber lets out the loudest possible groan while she makes a left turn onto Parker Drive.

"Will you turn that shit off?" She protests. "I hate the song."

I smirk again, reaching over to turn up the volume. "Aw, really? Because I love it!" I start to sing along, earning myself plenty of annoyed glares from Amber. I may hate this song, but this is absolutely worth it.

"Kickin' in the front seat. Sittin' in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up. Which seat can I take?!"  As the chorus starts, I'm no longer singing the lyrics. I'm screaming them. "It's Friday, Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!"

Amber grips the steering wheel, clenching her teeth as she keeps her eyes on the road. I've never seen her so pissed. Not when we ran into each other at the party. Not even when she woke up to find me naked. No. Right now, she was definitely top-notch pissed.

"Fun, fun, fun, fun..."

Maybe I'm taking it too far. I'm starting to wonder if she's bothered by the song or me in general. Probably a mixture of both. I stop singing, but leave on the music, not wanting to let her know that I was giving up.

"7:45, we're drivin' on the highway. Cruisin' so fast, I want time to fly..."

My eyes widen as the second verse starts. I can't even hear Rebecca Black's voice. Amber's singing. I'll admit I'm a little shock. In her pissed off state, I couldn't believe she was even singing, especially to a song she hates. I frown. She's not singing it because she likes it, I realize. She's singing it to annoy me as I was doing to her. Not only that, but her singing wasn't very good. She was off pitch and loud, causing me to cringe every now and then. Dear god. Whatever she was doing; it's working. Her voice is massively annoying.

"It's Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday. Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend-"

I reach over and cut off the music before my ears bleed to death. I can see why she pursued acting. Singing isn't her best talent. In fact, it's not even a talent. It's a mistake.