14: Bonfires, Marshmellows, & Harry Styles

-Harry-

I sat on the wooden porch steps watching the waves continuously crash against the shore. The sun was slowly setting, the sky a canvas of many colors. The birds sang in the distance, and you can just hear the sound of nature in general. It was quite lovely and relaxing and it made me feel as if all my problems have suddenly evaporated. That wasn't the case though. Everything was just sitting there in the back of my head, haunting every little thought I had and reminding me that everything is far from solved. I have yet to figure out why I feel so strange around Amber lately and why I'm slightly bothered whenever I see her and Zayn together. I want to find a way to apologize about our past and to end her hate towards me. I want us to be friends like we first were. I want things to be normal. Can they ever be normal? We've still got a movie to shoot. We've got a few more months to survive with each other before we go our separate ways. You know what's odd though? I don't want us to go our separate ways. I don't want Amber to forget about me. Even though she hates me, I want things to change.

"Why are you thinking so hard?" I'm startled by a familiar, smooth and manly voice. I don't look up though. I already know who it is. As he takes a seat beside me, I struggle to think of a response.

"You don't have to tell me." He speaks again. "But something is obviously bothering you. I feel as if you've been avoiding me since yesterday."

I swallow, no words forming. I felt a bit guilty about avoiding him. Zayn hasn't done anything wrong. He's just been hanging with Amber, is all; I shouldn't be bothered. I shouldn't be avoiding him. Whenever we'd cross paths, I won't say a word. Whenever he'd ask me something, I'd just nod, shake my head, or answer plainly without meeting his eyes. It was wrong of me. I knew that then and I knew it now.

"What's going in between you and Amber?" I blurt before I can catch myself. I shouldn't have asked. Now he'd become curious and start assuming things. Louis was already on my back about this all; I don't need Zayn getting the wrong thoughts too. I don't fancy Amber. I'm massively sure I don't. Or am I? A surprised look falls on Zayn's face.

"Amber? Nothing, she's just a good friend, is all."

I resist a smirk, turning up to look at him. "It just seems as if you two...fancy each other's company." Zayn chuckles, shaking his head as he stares at me in amusement.

"I don't fancy Amber, Haz. Yeh, she's quite fun to hang out with. Honestly, Haz. There is nothing going on between us. I look at her as a friend, a sister even." He places his hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "Don't worry, Harry. She's all yours, mate." I choke on my spit as Zayn stands up, flashing me his signature smile before walking off. He's being honest. Zayn rarely ever lies, only when he's joking with the lads or if it's a personal matter. Otherwise, he's always honest. But what did he mean by saying Amber is all mine? He obviously suspects something. But I don't fancy Amber! What will it take to get the lads to believe me? And what will it take to get me to believe me...?

"Harold!" I'm startled by the sound of Louis' voice. My head snaps up to find him walking towards me, Liam close behind. Both their hands were stacked with a large amount of wood. They seemed to be struggling, grunting as they approached me.

"Need help?" I offer, standing up and reaching for a pile of wood. Lou hands some too me, a mad grin on his face. I doubt it signified anything. It's just Louis. When is he not grinning?

"Took ages to find these," Louis tells me. "We had to drive a few miles until we found a small forest with plenty of wood for the night. I'm massively excited for the bonfire."

"If this wood is good enough," Liam adds in, a grumpy tone to his voice.

"Seems good to me," I observe, placing the massive wood pieces and placing them by the door. Lou and Liam do the same, releasing a loud sigh.