I look at her sitting on the counter, wearing a black shirt and a pair of jean shorts that she's had for forever and her tangled hair hangs over her shoulders with random little braids in it. I wait for her to tell me where we're going today, but she just hands me my toothbrush, "Don't worry about that now. Worry about your breath. It stinks."

"Like you." I reply and she shoves me playfully before walking out the bathroom, "Hurry up, we've got over an hour bus ride ahead of us."

***

"Ta daaa!" Sky yanks the blindfold she'd put on my face during the ride here and throws her arms in the air, gesturing around her. "I, Skylar Elizabeth Castellan, welcome you, Cameron Alexander Dallas, to Six Flags!" She yells and smiles widely.

I gape at our surroundings. There are more roller coaster loops in the sky than there are clouds. I turn to her, a look of disbelief evident on my face, "Sky, you know I'm afraid of heights!"

She puts her hand on her hips and snorts, "'Afraid'? Try 'terrified'. Or maybe 'petrified'. Oh hey! They rhyme!"

"Yeah, cool, make a poem, whatever - bottom line is, you know I hate heights."

"So?"

"So you better tell me that we're only here because you were craving some amusement park food."

"Ohhh Cameron. Cameron, Cameron, Cameron, Cameron." She walks over to me, shaking her head, and throws her arm over my shoulder, "Poor little, baby Cameron." I glare down at her as she takes my face in one hand and shakes my head, "You and I both know that that is not the reason we are here. Today, my friend, we are going to be riding some kick ass, puke-inducing roller coasters."

"You mean you are gonna be riding roller coasters." I slide out from under her arm and take a step back, "I, however, will wait patiently here on the ground. Where it's safe." I say, stomping a foot on the ground to prove its sturdiness.

She cocks one head to the side and makes a pouting face, "Aw, is wittle Camwen sked of a wittle baby wide?"

"Okay, I am not scared - "

"Yes you are," she says, dropping the baby voice, "you just said like 2 seconds ago - "

"I just don't want to fall or die - "

"So you're scared - "

"Maybe - "

"You're being a chicken, Cam - "

"I am not - "

"Yes you are." "Am not." "If you look up the word chicken, your face would just take up the rest of the dictionary," "I'm not - " "Like when people order chicken the cashier's just gonna be like, 'yo where's Cameron at'," "What are you even - " "Cam shut up, look you're making all the chickens jealous," "I'm not being a - " "Chiiiicken!" She sings the word above my voice and before I know it she's got her hands under her pits and she's flapping her arms like wings and making chicken noises, "BAWK, BAWK! That's all I'm hearing out of your mouth, Cam: BAWK BAWK!"

"Oh my god, no, please stop."

"What, stop what," she bends her knees and starts to walk around me in a circle, arms continuing to flap, and her head jutting out every now and then like a chicken's. "This? BAWK BAWK!"

I cross my arms and bite my lip to keep from laughing, "Sky, stop, people are staring."

"Not until you say you're gonna ride at least 10 roller coasters with me. BAWK BAWK!"

I throw a hand over my face and burst into laughter. People are starting to point and video tape. "Nooo way. And seriously, who's being the chicken now?"