🔹🔹🔹

"Okay" I wheeze out as I rest my hands on my knees, putting all of my weight in it. "Break" I pant out in-between my wheezing in and out. My hair has fallen mostly out of my loose ponytail, my shirt and forehead are covered in sweat, and I cannot catch my breath for the life of me.

I let out a groan and fall forward on the soft cold ground, ignoring the itches that the grass running up against me is creating.

I'm not out of shape, I never have been. Being a dancer means I constantly have to keep a solid small enough weight and have plenty of flexibility and exercise, keeping me in good, maybe even great shape.

So don't go saying or thinking I need to exercise more.

After Mr. Komachi showed me the basic blocks, hand positions, finger position, and some simple moves, he began fighting me, without any warning in advance at all. At first I shrieked and started to run away, but then Adelram started making fun of me and laughing, so of course, I had to avoid doing that. I had to prove myself to that cocky bastard.

I tried fighting back, but my gosh, if he was taking it easy on me like he claims, then I don't know how I'll survive when he goes to hard mode. I tried blocking, but he ended up hitting me anyways. I tried punching, but he easily blocked with no hint of trouble at all. I tried kicking him, but he swiftly blocked that too.

We had been fighting nonstop for forty minutes and yet I hadn't made a single hit, I am now exhausted, frustrated, and my muscles are immensely sore.
Never a good combination.

"Come on Princess, don't be such a wuss" Adelram cheers from the front porch. I lift my head up just enough to scowl him before letting it fall back on the grass and flipping him off instead.

I turn my head over to look at Mr. Komachi and am intensely annoyed to see he's hardly broken a sweat at all. He looks as calm, and normal as ever, hardly any sweat moistening his forehead. I growl out in pure anger and frustration as I slam a fist down on the ground, biting my lip as it lands on a small pointy rock.

Once I finally get my breathing back to normal, I force myself to stand up "I don't think I learned a single thing throughout that entire forty-minute fight" I announce, a tone of annoyance ringing in my voice.

"You learned" Mr. Komachi states simply.

"Uh no actually, I'm pretty sure I know if I learned something. How could I have learned? All you did was use me as your own personal punching bag," I growl as I narrow my eyes at him.

He appears completely unfazed by this and simply shrugs "you learned" he states again.

It takes every restraint in me not to burst out in angry shouts, instead, I chose to be a kind, loving mannered young women and smile "of course I did, I learned that you're a mean, angry, horrible teacher who takes all of his anger out on a poor, unsuspecting teenager!" I scream. I know that I'm not acting properly and that I'm overreacting, but I'm frustrated and I'm tired. I have a deadline of tomorrow to learn everything I can so that I can save my best friend, and yet instead I'm here getting beaten up by some old fart.

The truth is, I don't really think it's the frustration of not getting it, but more the fear of not getting it. Fear of not being able to learn, fear of not being able to find Abigail in time, fear of losing my best friend.

"You'll save your best friend" Mr. Komachi assures me, but I can hear the hint of doubt in his voice. I know that he's only saying this to comfort me.

"Did you just read my mind? I thought I was blocking everyone out," I question, my brows pinched together.

Mr. Komachi lets out a short chuckle "I'm the one who taught the Zayas to do that, you can't block me out, though I'm sure Adelram here is very upset about his inability to do so," he explains with a small laugh.