fourteen* love

3

Then the fever took stubborn Hoster Tully, which meant the Starks will be spending some time in Riverrun. Tully was Lady Stark's house, and Hoster Tully was her father. So they were there for his funeral.

Soon after, Rickard Karstark got his revenge. The Starks were holding two young Lannister squires captive. Which brought them to where they are now, with Talisa kneeling in front of the squire's lifeless bodies as Robb stood next to her. Evelyn stood near Lady Stark, looking down at the two boys.

"Bring them in." Robb said. He was angry, and an angry king is a problem.

-Evelyn-

Rickard Karstark came in, with four other men behind him.

"Is that all of them?" Robb asks. "It took five of you to murder two unarmed squires?"

"Not murder, your grace. Vengeance." Lord Karstark says. My tempter was running short at this point.

"Vengeance!" I exclaim. "They didn't kill your sons. Torrhen-"

"Quiet, bastard. No one wants to hear from you." Lord Karstark says.

"She has just as much say as you or I." Robb says. "I saw Harrion die on the battlefield. And Torrhen-"

"Was strangled by the Kingslayer. They're his kin."

"They were boys!" Robb shouts now, which surprises everyone. "Look at them."

"Tell your mother to look at them. She killed them as much as I." Lord Karstark says, referring to how Lady Stark set free the Kingslayer in order for us to get my father's bones.

"Lady Stark had nothing to do with this." I say to him, which surprises her. She looks at me, as I give her a small nod.

"This was your treason." Robb adds.

"Treason? In war you don't free your enemies, in war you kill your enemies. Did your father not teach you that boy?" Lord Karstark says, as the Blackfish, Lady Stark's uncle, swings at him which causes him to fall to his knees.

"Leave him."

"Aye, leave me to the king. He want's to give me a scolding before he sets me free." Lord Karstark says to the Blackfish. "Our king in the North. Or should I call him, the King who lost the North."

"Escort Lord Karstark to the dungeon. Hang the rest." Robb says, as the men start to do so.

"Please, sir! I only watched!" one of the men shout.

"This one was only the watcher. Hang him last so he can watch the rest die." Robb tells them, as his men escorted Lord Karstark and the rest out.

------------------------------------

"Rain was fitting for what was about to happen. I remember it very clearly. Robb was at his own that day."

"Knowing you are going to lose the support of an entire house does that."

"We tried to tell him beheading Lord Karstark wasn't a good idea. But he thought he had to show that he can hold authority."

"In the end, what really killed your King in the North?"

I smiled, and shook my head.

"Love."

a/n: next chapter is the epilogue, guys. There will be a second book, which I'll tell you about in the epilogue.