six * the godswood

-Evelyn-

The next morning, I sat at the edge of my bed staring at the wall. The space next to the wall still had the knife from a couple nights embedded in it. Then there was a knock.

"Who is it?" I say, standing up and pulling the knife out of the wall.

"Robb."

I pause, then open the door. Then I sat the knife on my bed.

"My mother requests our presence in the woods." he tells me, as I nod. He looks at the knife next to me, then picks it up.

"Jon told me what happened." he says, as I look down. "And yet, he still asked me to watch out for you."

"Always kind hearted; my brother." I say, standing up and taking the knife from Robb. I placed it in its scabbard and headed out the door as he followed. "Since fathers gone, you're the lord of Winterfell right now."

"At the moment; yes."

-------

"What I am about to say must stay between us." Lady Stark says to everyone around her. "I don't think Bran fell from that tower. I think he was thrown."

"The boy was always sure-footed before." Maester Luwin says.

"Someone tried to kill him twice. But why? Why murder an innocent child?" Lady stark says. "What if, he saw something he wasn't supposed to see."

"Like what, my lady?" Theon inquires.

"I don't know. But I bet that the Lannisters are involved." she says. "We already have reason to suspect their loyalty to the crown."

"What about the dagger the killer used?" I question, as Ser Rodrik steps forward.

"The weapon is made of Valyrian steel, the handle dragonbone. Too fine of a weapon for a common man." Rodrik tells us. "Someone gave it to him."

"They came to our home and try to murder my brother...If it's war they want then it's war they'll get." Robb says.

"If it comes to that you know-" Theon starts, but I interrupt him.

"Lets not go down that road just yet." I say.

"They tried to murder-"

"What? Is there going to be a battle in the Godswood?" Maester Luwin steps in. "Lord Stark must be told of this."

"I don't trust a raven to carry these words." Lady Stark says.

"I'll ride to Kings Landing, then." Robb suggests, as I shake my head.

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell."

"I'll go myself." Lady Catlyn says.

"Mother, you can't." Robb starts, as she shakes her head.

"I am."

"At least let me accompany you." Ser Rodrik insists. "Such a journey is too dangerous for a woman alone."

"What about Bran?" Robb asks.

"I have prayed to the seven for more than a month. Bran's life is in their hands now."