three* a different side

3

A raven came notifying Ned Stark of Jon Arryn's death, the hand of the king. He knew what this meant. King Robert would be riding in soon after, with the intentions of offering the title to Ned. So they started preparing for it, starting with everyone's chambers.

"We'll need plenty of candles for Lord Tyrion's chamber. I'm told he reads all night." Lady Catelyn Stark says to Maester Luwin.

"I'm told he drinks all night." Maester Luwin says, as she shrugs.

"How much can he possibly drink? A man of his stature..."

"We'll find out."

-Evelyn-

With the king's arrival coming our way, I was busy getting fitted for a dress. It was something I was against, the thing was uncomfortable. But it's what was had to be done.

Everyone stood out in front of Winterfell, waiting for the king. The Starks stood in front, while behind them stood Theon, Jon and I with everyone else.

"Where's Arya? Sansa, where is your sister?" Lady Stark says, looking around as Sansa shrugs. Only a second later, Arya runs up with a helmet on her head. Lord Stark stops her, taking the thing off and handing it to Rodrik who stood next to me.

I, however was trying to keep this dress from sticking to me. With my bad posture, I tried to move the dress around comfortably.

"Stop it." Jon scolds, grabbing my hand and stopping me.

"This thing is the worst."

"Just wait." 

Everyone rode up, with the Kingsguard up first with Prince Joffrey. Then a carriage came through, probably holding the queen and her youngest children. Then came through King Robert, which meant everyone had to kneel.

Almost synchronized, the people of Winterfell kneeled. King Robert got down from his horse, and went over to Lord Stark. He signaled for him to rise. Everyone followed suit, as King Robert took in the look of Lord Stark.

"You've gotten fat." Robert says to him. The thing is, they've been good friends for years. Lord Stark helped him win the throne. The two started laughing, and rejoiced with a hug. He greeted Lady Stark and Rickon, then went back to Lord Stark.

"Nine years. Why haven't I seen you, where the hell have you been?" King Robert says, as I looked over towards Cersei Lannister who had just gotten out of the carriage.

"Guarding the north for you, your grace."

King Robert continued with his hellos to the Stark children, as Queen Cersei went and greeted Lord Stark. She held out a hand, as he kissed it. I directed my attention though, as one of the knights removed his helmet to reveal he was Jaime Lannister. The queen's twin brother.

"Take me to your crypt. I want to pay my respects." the Kings says.

"We've been riding for a month, my love. The dead can wait." Queen Cersei rejected.

"Ned." the King nods, as Lord Stark follows.

See, years ago a war was started because Rhaegar Targaryen kidnapped Lyanna Stark, who was promised to King Robert. He tried to win her back, but she ended up dying anyways.

We were able to disband after that, as the royal family wanted to settle in. I went ahead and changed out of the dress and into something I would usually wear. Everyone was planned to feast the royal family at sundown, something my brother or I were not allowed to be apart of.