ten* twins

3

Lady Catelyn later arrived at the Stark camp, seeing that her oldest son brought the entire North with him. Later on, the Northmen talked of Walder Frey and how to get permission to cross the Twins. Walder Frey was a Tully bannerman, sworn to protect Lady Stark's original house. Just then, some stark men brought someone in.

"Lord Stark, we've captured a Lannister scout." Robb stands up, trying to get a better look at the man. Evelyn took interest in the situation, as Theon quickly covered the map.

"Don't worry, the lad won't be leaving the tent with his head." Lord Umber assures Theon.

"Where did you find him?" Robb asks.

"In the brush above the encampment. He seemed to be counting." one guard answered.

"How high did you get?" Robb asks the boy, who looked scared.

"20,000. Maybe more."

"You don't have to do this. Your father would understand." Ser Rodrik says to Robb, who shakes his head.

"My father understands mercy, when there is room for it." Robb turns to the scout. "Tell Lord Tywin that Winter is coming for him. To find out if a Lannister really does shit gold."

"Yes, my lord. Thank you."

"Are you touched boy?! Letting the lad go?" Lord Umber was furious, but Robb kept his composure.

"Call me boy again."

--------------------------------------------------------

-Evelyn-

I worked on shooting down ravens that came from the Twins. I got one on the first try, went and grabbed the message it held and handed it to my brother.

"It's just a birthday message to his grand niece." Robb sighs.

"Or so he wants us to think." Theon says, as I shake my head.

"Either way, keep shooting them down. We don't want to risk Lord Frey sending word to the Lannisters of your movements." Lady Stark says to me.

"Isn't he your father's bannerman?" I ask. "We can't expect his support?"

"Expect nothing of Walder Frey and you'd be surprised." Greatjon Umber steps in.

"Father rots in a dungeon - how long before they take his head? We need to cross the trident now." Robb says.

"Just march up to his gates and say we're crossing. You have more numbers then him. You could take the Twins if you wanted." Theon says.

"Not in time. Tywin Lannister marches North as we speak." Lord Umber says.

"He has a good point." I comment.

"The Freys have held the crossing for 600 years, and they never failed to exact their toll." Lady Stark says.

"Have my horse saddled and ready." Robb says.

"Don't be foolish, enter the Twins alone and the Freys would sell you to the Lannisters as he likes." I tell my brother.

"Father would do whatever it took. If I'm gonna lead this army, I can't go having other men doing my bargaining for me." Robb says to me.

"I agree. I'll go." Lady Catelyn says. "I've known Lord Walder since I was a girl. He'd never hurt me."

----------

Lady Stark returned in the middle of one of Robb's meetings in his tent. Once she entered, we all stood.

"Well?" I say, since no one said before me. She looks to Robb.

"Lord Walder has granted your crossing. His men are yours as well. Less than 400 he will keep here to hold the crossing from anyone who would pursue you." Lady Stark says.

"What does he want in return?" Robb finally asks.

"You will take on his son Olyver as your personal squire. He expects a knighthood in good time."

"Fine, fine. What else?" Robb says.

"And Arya will marry his son Waldron when they both come of age." Lady Stark says, as I have to hold in a laugh.

"She won't be happy about that." Robb says, as Lady Catelyn nods. "And?"

"And when the fighting is done, you'll marry one of his daughters." she says. I look over at Theon, who is holding in his laughter.

"I see. Did you get a look at his daughters?" he asks.

"One was - do you consent?"

"Can I refuse?" Robb asks.

"Not if you want to pass."

"Then I consent." he says.

Robb leaves the tent, as Theon finally laughs. I hit his arm, as everyone follows out of the tent. We crossed the next day.

-------------

3

A battle well fought, the Starks returned with Jaime Lannister as their captive. Evelyn rode up along her brother, meeting Lady Stark and Ser Rodrik on higher ground. The captured Lannister was pushed to the ground in front of Lady Stark as Robb walked around the three.

"By the time you knew what was happening it already happened." he says. Jaime sits up, regaining his composure.

"Lady Stark, I'd offer you my sword but I seem to have lost it." the Lannister says confidently.

"It's not your sword I want. Give me my daughters back. Give me my husband." she says.

"I seem to have lost them too, I'm afraid."

"Kill him Robb! Send his head to his father. You saw him cut down ten of our men." Theon says.

"He's more used to us alive than dead." Evelyn says to Theon. "You can't jump to those sort of things that fast."

"Put him in irons." Lady Stark orders, as Lord Glover picks the Lannister up from his knees while keeping a sword trained on him.

"We can end this war right now, boy. You against me, save thousands of lives." Jaime says, but Robb shakes his head.

"We could do it your way, Kingslayer." Robb says. "If we do it your way though, I would lose. We're not doing it your way."

"Come on, pretty man." Lord Umber laughs, as the Northmen cheered.