seven* the boy who lived

a/n: right now I'm mostly following the storyline from the show. after the red wedding though, thats when things become a bit more original. 

3

Shortly after Lady Stark left Winterfell, Brandon woke up. The news of the boy who lived spread fast. Maester Luwin was checking up on him, making sure everything seemed normal when his sister Evelyn walked in.

"How are you feeling Bran?" Evelyn asks him, causing the two to look back at her.

"Just checking up on the boy, my lady." Maester Luwin says, standing up. "I'll give you two a moment."

Evelyn went and sat down next to her brother, as he stared back at her.

"Where's Jon?" is the first thing he asks her, as she sighs and looks down.

"He joined the Nights Watch." she tells her younger brother. "We'll still be able to visit him."

"You seem upset about it."

"That's because I am." Evelyn tells the boy.

-3- The Wall-

Jon Snow sat with other men of the Nights Watch, as they put their gear away. Jon picked up a sword, just as one of the men, Grenn, walked in. He wasn't happy.

"You broke my nose, bastard." the man said through gritted teeth. Jon looked down, and put the sword in its proper place. He turned around and looked at Grenn.

"Its an improvement." he says, as he felt a man grab him from behind as Grenn held a knife to his throat.

"I wonder how long it'd take for you to hit the ground if we threw you over the wall." Grenn threatens.

"I wonder if the wolves would find you before we did." Pyp, another man said. Then the door opens.

Grenn loosens his grip, as Tyrion Lannister stared at them.

"What are you looking at, half man?" Pyp said.

"I'm looking at you." he says. "You have very interesting faces. Very distinct ones."

"What do you care about our faces?" Rast, the man holding Jon back said.

"I just think they would look wonderful decorating spikes in Kings Landing. Maybe I shall write my sister, the queen, about it." Tyrion says, as the men let go of Jon. Jon stood baqck, catching his breath. Tyrion approached him.

"Everyone knew what this place was but never told me. My father never told me. No one but you." Jon says, taking a breath. "And he left me here to rot all the same."

"Grenn's father left him too." Tyrion says, looking at him. "Outside a farmhouse when he was three. And Pyp was caught stealing a wheel of cheese; his sister haven't eaten in three days. He was given a choice: his right hand or the Wall. All fascinating stories."

"They hate me because I'm better then they are."

"Its a lucky thing none of them were trained like a master of arms like your Ser Rodrik. None of them probably have held a sword before they came here." Tyrion Lannister says, about to turn away. "Also, your brother Bran." he hands Jon a piece of paper. "He's woken up."

-------------------

Then came the day Tyrion Lannister left the wall. Him and Jon Snow stood at the very top, right before Tyrion was said to leave.

"It's a shame to see you go, Lannister." Jon Snow says.

"It's either me of the cold, which seems to be going nowhere." Tyrion says.

"Do you plan on stopping at Winterfell on your way back?" Jon asks, as the man nods.

"There aren't many feather beds from here to Kings Landing."

"If you see my brother Bran, would you tell him I miss him? And I'd visit if I could." Jon says.

"And what about your sister?" Tyrion asks, thinking about what he promised the girl before he left. "Do you miss her?"

Jon sat for a moment. "Of course I do." he says. "I just don't think she's very happy with me right now."

"Which is expected. This would be something to process."

"Bran will never walk again." Jon says. "That's what it said from the raven."

"Better to be a rich cripple then a poor cripple. Take care, Snow."