five* kings landing

3

The next morning Ned Stark left for a hunt with King Robert and his men. Evelyn watched as the people of Winterfell went on with their day's, each performing their own duty. She catches a glimpse of her brother, over at the blacksmiths. He looks up at his sister, then back down. Moments later he leaves the blacksmith's shop.

Not long after, Robb Stark rushed to find his siblings to tell him the news. Brandon, their younger brother fell from a high tower. This never has happened before, but this time it was bad.

-Evelyn-

"Eve!" I hear Robb exclaim, just as he walked upstairs to the balcony I was on. "Bran fell. He hasn't woken up, Maester says it won't be for awhile."

"What? Is he going to live?" I ask, standing up. "Where is he?"

"They put him in his room. My mothers in there, and has been for awhile." Robb tells me, as I nod. I pushed past him, and went towards Bran's room.

I walked through the open door, causing Lady Stark to look up at me. I looked back at her, seeing what she was making. Then I looked at Bran, with his eyes closed in his bead. He was still breathing though.

"Anything from the Maesters?" I ask Lady Catelyn.

"He won't be able to walk." is all she tells me. I nod, and crouched down by Bran's bed. I looked at the Prayer Wheel in Lady Stark's hands, and thought back to when she made one for the first time. It was years since that day.

"I haven't seen you make one of those since..." I comment, as she looks up and gives me a look. I look back down, and got up and left.

------- 

I was approached later by Lord Tyrion, soon after breakfast.

"I've gotten word of what happened to your brother." the Lannister tells me. "I offer you my sympathies." 

"I appreciate it, my lord." I tell him. "Dare I ask a favor of you?" 

Lord Tyrion gives me his attention, as I look down.

"During your time at the wall, look out for my brother. He's headstrong, which can get him in trouble in a place like that."  I say to him, as he gives me a small smile and nods.

"Of course. So long, Lady Snow."

Then he leaves.  

3

Then came the time where Ned Stark was to leave to Kings Landing with his two daughters Arya and Sansa. He was to become Hand of the King, King Robert's new advisor. Jon Snow left at the same time as him, parting with his father on the Kingsroad to head towards the Wall. He followed his Uncle Benjen, along with Tyrion Lannister who was so adamant on seeing the wall.

It's been a awhile since Branden's fall, and it's been said that he'll live. Maester Luwin came by to try to discuss appointments to be made with Catelyn, but she insisted she's not worried about that now.

"I'll make the appointments." Robb says, appearing at the doorway. Maester Luwin nods, and leaves. Robb walks to the window. "When was the last time you left this room?"

"I have to take care of him." Catelyn insists, almost in tears. The howling of wolves and dogs was filling the air.

"He's not going to die mother. Maester Luwin says the most dangerous times have passed." Robb says.

"What if he's wrong? Bran needs me." Catelyn says again.

"Rickon needs you. He's six." he emphasizes. "He doesn't know what's going on. He follows me around all day, clutching my leg and crying..."

"Please just close the window! I can't stand it please, just make them stop!" she exclaims about the wolves, as Robb looks back.

"Fire." is all he says. "You stay here, I'll be back."

He runs out, as Catelyn gets up to look out the window. Robb runs down, running into his sister Evelyn on his way.

"You saw the fire too?" she says quickly.

"Yes, please go check on my mother! I'll be back!" he says, running off. Evelyn runs back up the stairs, hurrying to get back to Bran's room. She hears the sound of man crying out in pain, then the sound of a direwolf growling and flesh tearing. She made it to Bran's door, shocked by the sight.

Lady Stark sat on the floor with gashes on her hands, and a man dead on the ground. Evelyn looks towards the firewolf, which had blood on its mouth. Then Lady Stark looked at her.

"What happened?" is all Evelyn says. Lady Stark looks back at Bran.

"Someone tried to kill my son." she says. "And the wolf stopped him."