********************

2 Years Ago

"Come on, Sang. The food is good and the kids will love it," Luke told her as they sat on her couch in the living room, as the kids played in their rooms. Luke and her had just finished up a movie and were trying to decide what to do for lunch. After declaring that neither one was in the mood to cook, they started naming off places to eat at.

She had heard them mention the diner before, that North and Luke's uncle owned it, but she had yet to go there. The truth was, she was afraid to meet him. Even though both Luke and North had reassured her that Uncle was a nice man, she was still hesitant. Since she did not know him and with him being the guys uncle, she did not want to cause problems between them. Some people did not like for their sons, or in this case, their nephews to introduce them to a single mother of six.

Even if they only introduced her as a friend.

That did not sound bitter at all, Sang. What in the world am I thinking?

"I promise, Sang, he will be fine with meeting you all," Luke told her, seeming to read her mind. He seemed to do that a lot lately.

"Ok," she replied, giving in.

Better to just get this over with.

Before she knew it, they were all loaded into the van and on their way to the diner. It did not take long, about 20 minutes.

Pulling into the parking lot, Sang looked the diner over. It looked like an old mom and pop diner. It had the big windows out front and the large sign saying 'Bob's Diner' above the doorway. They got out and as they walked through the front door, scents of cooking food hit her. Her stomach growled. Luke laughed, as he had heard it.

"I am telling you Sang, this place it the best place to eat in the whole state."

"Luke! You have finally brought them in to see me!"

She turned towards the speaker, who looked to have just come from the kitchen. He was a tall guy, but not as tall as North or Silas, and he wore a bandanna over his head. He looked to be in his early 5o's. His eyes were kind as he smiled at her.

"It is nice to finally meet you, Sang. I am Tom, but you can just call me Uncle," he said as he held out his hand towards her. She put her hand into his and he gave it a slight squeeze. "It is always nice to meet new people. Please, have a seat anywhere and I will be right back." With that, he turned and walked back through the kitchen door.

Luke put a hand on her lower back and guided her over towards a table that was towards the back. It was a big table that could easily fit ten people, or in this case, eight. They grabbed two high chairs, for Tyler and Dylan, and once they had them settled, they helped the others sit. Luke sat with Dylan to his right, Colby to his left, and Jacob beside him. She sat with Tyler to her left, Josh to her right, and Jacob beside him.

After they had ordered and their food had arrived, Uncle came back from the kitchen and sat down on the other side of Dylan. Sang put her fork down, knowing the questions were coming and she had already lost her appetite.

"Oh, no girlie, you keep on eating. Do not waste my good food," he said as he winked at her.

"It was very good, but I am stuffed," she said as she blushed. She went back to helping Tyler eat and then she looked around the table, looking at each kid as they ate, before finally focusing on Uncle. He smiled at her.