Chapter Twelve ~ Silver, Black, and Gold

"Evangeline!" Azalea screeched. Eva tore her eyes away from the black haired boy. The light in his dark eyes dimming slightly.

"Aza!" A smile spread across her face. She was quickly embraced in a hug. The sweet scent of roses lingered. 

"We thought we'd lost you." Azalea choked between tears. 

"I'd never leave you guys." She whispered back, her blue eyes squeezed shut.  She pushed away, her own glistening with tears. "Where's Aaliyah?"

Azalea averted her eyes, the hazel darkening. 

"Azalea..." Eva's heart hammered in her chest. Panic ebbed its way into her. "Where is she?" Eva searched her soul, trying to find the tether that connected her to her ami. She felt nothing.

Silent tears spilled down her cheeks. "Is she..." Eva gagged on the word. There was no way she was going to say it...once she did, it would be true.

"Your friend - Aaliyah - is okay." The black haired boy whispered, never taking his eyes off of her. His voice was low, husky. He had a slight accent that she couldn't place.

Eva swallowed the burning tears, trying to compose herself. "What happened." She demanded. 

His eyes softened. "You wrecked. I saved you." 

Her heart fluttered. 

I saved you... 

She once knew a boy who said that to her...a boy that had stolen her heart - and never gave it back.

"And I saved her." Another boy joined the small circle. Eva stared at him. He had steady metallic eyes that were the color of mercury. His hair a pale blonde that looked silver and translucent. He was only a couple inched shorter than the black haired boy, his frame slightly less broad and muscular. He was more lean, like a runner. 

Something tugged in her soul when his eyes rested on hers. 

"She is over there," Silver eyes pointed a slim finger to the other bed. A girl with darker brown hair was lying down on the cold stone. "Don't worry, she's stable. Only resting." 

A weight lifted off her shoulders. 

"Hey, sweet cheeks, your friend just ran off." A third boy walked over. 

He was golden.

Literally.

His golden short-cropped hair was spiked and styled. Molten brown eyes the color of caramel stared at her. A crooked smirk lifted his eyes as he stared at her. 

"Hello, there." He sauntered over, his eyes devouring her. "My name is Nick." He smiled. Her heart melted. The black haired boy growled, his tan arm shooting out to stop the gold one's advancement. 

"Don't." 

"Whoa, take it easy, baby bro." The gold boy held his hands up in surrender. "I'm just welcoming her." He winked at Eva. She sat there frozen. 

The silver eyed boy gently laid his hand on the black haired one's shoulder. "Please." Dark eyes flickered over, staring into mercury. He slowly lowered his arm. 

"Fine." He breathed out. 

Eva looked at Azalea and mouthed who are they? Her friend smiled. 

"Boys," All three heads turned toward both the girls. "This is my friend Evangeline."

Eva gave a small wave, "Hey, you can just call me Eva." 

"Hello, Eva. I am Ander." The silver eyed boy - Ander - extended his hand toward her. As they shook hands, she felt one of his memories drain into her. 

Wings as soft as the wind's caress with feathers the color of molten mercury...

Eva quickly jerked away, the memory returning back to its owner. His eyes studied her before he stepped to his former place. He shoved the black haired boy forward.

"H-hey. I'm Ryder." His accent stressed the 'y' in his name. His dark eyes looked everywhere but at her. When he finally gave in, he didn't look away. The dark orbs seemed to absorb everything. Eva could make out the tiny flakes and veins of gold that were woven into his irises. Long dark lashes shrouded them. His black hair was slightly shaggy, the tips curling around his head. From under his shirt collar, she could see the beginning - or ending - of a tattoo. 

He didn't offer her his hand, a small gesture she was grateful for. No telling how many it would take for her to regain her energy. 

He took a small step backwards, his eyes still locked on her. 

"As you know already, I'm Nick." The gold one stepped forward and grabbed her hand. Without warned he knelt down and planted his lips on the soft skin of her hand. He stared up at her under thick gold lashes. "It's a pleasure to meet you." 

Her insides turned to liquid. 

She could hear the dark eyed boy - Ryder - growl. Her eyes flickered over to him. His body was tense, the solid muscles straining against his shirt. 

That's when she noticed that Gabriel was gone. 

She quickly jumped up, her bare feet slapping the cobblestone floor. Pinpricks of ice shot through her. Without thinking, she took off in the directed he had. 

I have to find him, before he...

Her thoughts trailed off, cutting the memory away.

She wouldn't let that happen. 

Not again.  

Not ever again. 

~~~

Hey guys!! So what do you think about the boys and their reactions toward Eva? Hmmm.... 

Anyway, please comment what you think!! I love hearing from you guys!!! It makes my day! 

Also, go check out the companion book to this one. It's titled The Fallen Memory Extras. It has full character profiles from the characters that have been introduced so far, as well as deleted/extra scenes! Plus, just random little things that I want to share!!!

Don't forget to vote and follow me to stay up-to-date with the story and information.

Thanks for reading!!!

~Belle

P.S. I changed the poem for PART ONE. It's not Annabel Lee. It's a different poem titled Remember. I think that it fits more.