Chapter 16

*** Carl’s P.O.V ***

“Daddy are my uncles gonna be there,” Jacob asked me as I put him in his car seat, strapping him in.

“Yeah… Patrice, Adam, Torey and Tuukka… Aunt Jen and Marc are going to be there too,” I told him as I closed the door and got into the driver’s seat.

“YEAHHHH!!! When do you think Marc is going to start skating,” Jacob asked as I pulled out and drove towards the highway.

“I don’t know bud… You started to learn about a year ago… He’s about a half of a year younger than you were,” I replied as I watched the road carefully.  

“Ok… What are we all doing today,” He asked anxiously, probably bouncing because he was so excited.

“We are going to go skating with your uncles then maybe meet up with uncle Brad, aunt Jamie and Mommy,” I informed pulling into a parking spot at the arena.

“Sweet! Can we have pizza,” He asked as I came to the back seat and picked him up.

“Maybe buddy,” I replied and walked towards the rink.

Once Jacob and I got in the locker room we got our skates from my locker and laced them. We both walked out to the rink to meet the boys. Only Bergy and Quaider were there.

“Aye guys,” I greeted as I put Jacob down and skated towards them.

“UNCLE PATRICE,” Jacob cheered coming at Bergy full speed. Jacob ended up slamming into Patrice’s legs nearly knocking him on his butt.  

 He picked Jacob up. “Woah Bud we need to teach ya how to stop properly,” Patrice chuckled all the guys laughed along and greeted Jacob and I.

“Sorry Uncle Patrice… How’s your day,” He asked looking up into Patrice’s Brown eyes innocently smiling.

“It’s good bud… How’s yours,” Patrice asked with a smile.  

“Great! Daddy made me waffles… AND THEY WERE TASTEY,” He bounced with excitement.

“You lucky kid! You got you’re daddies waffles,” Adam asked looking over at Jacob with a smile on his face.

“Yeah,” Jacob replied as he nodded his head rapidly.

“Hey guys,” The one and only Torey Krug yelled as he came on the ice a barreled towards us with a goofy smile on his 22 year old face.

“UNCLE TOREY,” Jake yelled as Patrice put him down.

He skated towards Torey and wrapped his arms around Torey’s legs. “Hey Bud,” Torey said patting Jake’s blonde hair.

Jake let go and looking up at Torey with big eyes asking, “Uncle Torey?”

“Yeah bud,” Krug replied squatting down to be eye level with Jake.  

“Can you teach me how to stop,” Jacob asked with an inquisitive look on his face.

“Sure bud… Let’s go over there and I’ll teach ya how to stop correctly,” Torey said as they started skating towards the south end of the rink.

Adam, Patrice and I watched as the two of them skated around not paying attention to us.

“He’ll be such a good dad someday… Look at how calm and patient he is with Jake,” Adam noted aloud as he smiled a little.

“I agree,” Bergy nodded.

We all started skating around the rink and I asked, “So when are you and Nichole going to have one?”