Chapter 9

I stuffed my face in my hands and let tears flow from my eyes. Damn, I made such a big mistake… My phone vibrated in my lap causing me to pick it up and toss it across the room. The phone luckily landed on the other couch and got wedged between two of the cushions.

“I fucked up… I fucked up… I really fucked up,” I repeated over and over again in a hushed voice.  

“Mommy? What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Please don’t cry,” Jacob screeched and ran over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder while standing on the couch.

“I-I’m fine Jake! Can you please not stand on the couch,” I asked wiping away my tears before taking him into my arms.  

I hugged him super tight and kissed his forehead, “I love you Jake! Never forget that.”

“I love you too mommy!”

****

“MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY,” Jacob yelled as he ran into my room… Where I was currently deciding if I should call one of the girls or not.  

“What,” I asked as he hopped onto the bed so he was in front of me. 

“David and I beat Uncle Patrick in a game of hockey… I-I’m gonna be just like daddy when I get older… I can just tell,” Jacob told me as he literally bounced with excitement.

“That’s great buddy! What was the score,” I asked pulling him into my lap.

“Uhh it was 8 to 3… Uncle Patrick isn’t a very good goalie… I can see why he isn’t a goalie,” He exclaimed looking over at me with a large smile plastered in his face.

“Haha… So I was thinking… Do you want to go see Uncle Joonas,” I asked looking down at him.

Sure Joonas isn’t his real uncle… But Joonas is like an uncle to him. Oh… Who’s Joonas? Its Tuukka’s brother. He currently plays for the Milwaukee Admirals. Jacob hasn’t seen him in a year or so believe it or not. So this would be a real treat for him.

“Yeah! I love uncle Joonas! When are we gonna go see him,” The little boy asked jumping out of my arms and ran out of the room yelling, “Imma see uncle Joonas!”

I chuckled and went through the contacts in my phone… Finding “Home Slice”. Yes, he’s in my phone as “Home Slice”. I clicked on his contact and put it to my ear, listening to the rings.

“Hello,” His quiet voice with a Finnish accent answered.

“Hey Joonas,” I said as I looked down at my left hand, where I still had my wedding ring.

“Hi Scarlett! How are you,” He asked, his quiet voice a little louder.

“I-I’ve been good… Uhh listen Joonas… Can I ask you a favor,” I asked as I slipped my ring off my finger, slowly.

“Sure… Anything Scar,” He replied sounding really serious.

“Can you get me some tickets for tomorrow night’s game… And maybe let Jacob and I stay at your place for tomorrow night,” I asked, unsure if Jacob and I could stay.

“Oh defiantly for the game and I’ll have to ask my roommate. Can I get back to you in like 10 minutes,” He offered after taking a quick sigh.

“O-Ok yeah… And I mean if you can’t then I guess its fine… Jake and I will just uhh drive back here,” I replied and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down… My heart was pounding like there was no tomorrow.    

“Ok… Talk to you in a few minutes,” he replied and hung up.

I put my phone down in my lap and picked my ring up off the bed, examining it closely. There were beautiful diamonds and sapphires, like there have been for the past 6 years that I’ve had it. Beautiful, like always.

“Hey,” Jolie appeared leaning on the door frame.

“What’s up,” I asked looking up at her with a questioning look.

“What’s with Jacob cheering about seeing Joon-,” She was cut off by my phone ringing.

“The Boy’s are back

The boys are ba-,” It started.

“Hello,” I asked, not checking the ID.  

“Hey Scar. Simon said it was cool… And it’s ok if you and Jacob share a room right?”

“Yeah. That’s cool… So what time should he and I be there tomorrow,” I asked, taking a sigh of relief.

“Any time before 4:30… I have pregame skate at five,” He replied.

“A-alright, Jake and I will be there around 1:30 then… Thanks Joonas,” I thanked with a little smile on my face, Jolie gave me a questioning look.

“Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye Scar,” Joonas said and hung up.

“Ok… What were you gonna say,” I asked looking up at Jolie with a little smile on my face.

“So you and Jake are going to go see Joonas,” She questioned coming in the room and sitting at the foot of the bed.

“Yeah… He and I are staying there tomorrow night… Do you mind if I borrow one of your cars,” I asked as I slowly slid my ring back on my finger.

“Uhh Sure that’s fine. But uhh listen… I came up here to make sure you’re ok…”

“I-I guess I’m fine. To be honest… I miss Carl a lot. A-and I have no idea if it was a good think to get away from the drama or if I caused more,” I stated, putting my hands to my face, rubbing way tears that were rolling slowly down my cheeks.  

“What you did was your choice. Everyone knows you still love Carl. I say give it a week and you will be on your way back with Jake,” She said pretty confident as she put a hand on my knee.

“A-Alright,” I replied, looking down at my lap, “Thanks Jolie.”

“It’s no prob Hun, that’s what I’m here for.”

 “Love ya sis,” I stated, attacking her into a hug.

“Love ya too,” She replied over my shoulder.   

***

Thanks for reading! :) hope you enjoyed this chapter! The vireo >>>> :'D

Add/ vote/ comment

- JJ :)

Even In A Hurricane (A Boston Bruins Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें