Epilogue

The pair had been dating for a few months now and as soon as their bandmates had gotten the news it had been like getting in-laws. It was like your mother and your mother-in-law becoming best friends, it was Ashton and Luke's relationship anymore, it was Plastic Announcement and False Prophecy's relationship, which meant no breakups without group approval. Not that they planned to break up anytime soon, and it was honestly nice they were so supportive. They'd also developed friendships amongst themselves which meant even when they were invading Ashton and Luke's alone time (read: following Luke from LA to London), that the pair did get some time alone.

Michael and Calum were very chummy, and Luke had even suggested maybe they try and get them together, Ashton had rolled his eyes, Calum was far too nice for Michael. Lee and Terry weren't so much chummy as seeming to have some sort of understanding where they talked in low voices and laughed obnoxiously, when asked what they were laughing about persons would be told not to worry about it, and they would turn back into one another again. Nat who Calum was too nice for had started a dating pool with him, they recommended friends to one another every so often, no one had stuck yet but they both had fun picking out people for each other.

This time Nat, Lee and Michael had followed Ashton to Los Angeles, all claiming they had their own friends to visit but alas they had all somehow ended up in the studio together. The day was coming to an end and the producers had left hours ago but the seven of them were all still around the studio pretending to be working on something.

There were four pizza boxes in various states of fullness, everyone had at least the crust of slice with them, which had to be getting grease everywhere, Terry's crust was behind his ear as he fought over the kits stool with Ashton. They both had a cheek on the seat, and each argued the other was hogging it. Nat's slice was about to lose its cheese and toppings all over the floor and she dramatically explained her Bass preference, and Calum's was in his mouth as he nodded along.

Michael, the heathen had left his crust on the edge of a keyboard, as he explained to Luke a riff he wanted in a song, any song. Luke's slice was between his teeth as he tried to play what Michael was describing, Lee's piece was wrapped up in a napkin in his hand as he watched the pair, waiting for a moment to ask them a question. It was loud and chaotic, there was no way they should have all been in there. Ashton realised this as he got up his own pizza slice nearly falling on the ground as he made his way out of the booth, climbing onto one of the roller chairs, where both his cheeks were comfortable, and he made short work of the slice.

Luke seemed to have come to the same conclusion because he too came outside only a few minutes later, taking up in one of the other chairs and wheeling himself over so he and Ashton's knees were touching.

"They're arguing and complaining like always but I bet as soon as we get back to London they'll say they miss each other," Ashton laughed before adding, "and we still won't have anything for the album," he rolled his eyes leaning forward to place his hands on Luke's knees. Luke chuckled and leaned down to kiss Ashton chastely on the lips.

"Mmm, I'm glad it means we can be alone," he hummed, "I think they do it on purpose sometimes, giving us a little bit of time to be a real couple," he moved his hands to gently hold the back of Ashton's knees, about to lean in again, his eyes glanced to the door first though.

"It's locked, I checked," Ashton told him pressing up to peck his lips again.

Luke's lips tugged into a small smile again and he looked back over at the booth, seeing that Terry was watching the other four argue, most likely about something meaningless. Then his eyes swept around the room before he locked on Luke's and winked, his eyes shifted again and They heard him loudly say 'okay that's enough everyone sit down on the floor, we're going to mediate for a few minutes'. Ashton chuckled, "I'm glad they don't mind us being like this," Luke said eyes still watching the now seemingly empty booth.

"It is nice, and one day we'll be able to be a couple around everyone, they might not indulge us as much then," Ashton admitted with a shrug.

"Well, I'm ready whenever you are, I'm not pushing you, I just want you to know that I'm ready," Luke told him seriously, turning to lock eyes with the older man.

"I didn't realise you were there yet," Ashton said honestly, "you know, I always said if I fell in love I'd come out," he gave Luke a wide-smile and raised his eyebrows slightly.

"Are you saying?" Luke asked, his eyes betraying the rest of his face as a smile danced in them.

Ashton nodded, grinning wider, "I love you," the words had barely left his lips and Luke's were on him, pulling him up off his chair and onto his lap, Ashton softened leaning into him, his legs naturally falling either side of Luke's thighs.

Luke pulled back and Ashton tried to chase his lips, but he put a finger to Ashton's lips, "I love you too."

The End.