1.5

They'd finished their last show in Japan and headed straight to London, it'd been around midday when they landed, and they had a show the next night. Ashton couldn't for the life of him figure out why they needed to be here so early, but he was grateful to be back in his apartment. And no sooner had he seen his bed then he'd been in it, four dreamless hours later he'd been pulled from a deep sleep by Michael calling.

"Hey man, what's up?" Ashton answered groggily.

"Sorry to bother you, did I wake you?"

"Yeah but it's alright," Ashton said giving a stiff chuckle.

"Anyway, I'm missing a pair of headphones, are you at home? Could you check your suitcase for them?" Michael asked.

"Ah yeah I am, I'll just have a look," Ashton got out of bed and started searching through the suitcase, "Yeah man I can't see anything, I found a bottle of Nat's nail polish, but that's it sorry,"

"That's all good man; I'll call the others. See you tomorrow night,"

"Alright yeah see you, love you,"

"See you, love you too,"

And Michael hung up, Ashton started throwing things back into the suitcase and pushed it into the corner of the room before he got a text message, Ashton grabbed his phone assuming that Michael was after something else.

Luke H

You looked good in your pap shots the other day x

Ashton felt the nervousness rise to his chest and he waited a few moments before he could think of a reply, his brain still fogged from sleep.

New Message

And I thought you'd forgotten about me

Luke H

Never. Just making sure I knew what I wanted before I came knocking on your door

New Message

Well you still haven't knocked on my door

Luke H

Haven't I?

Ashton heard a knock at his door. He froze, no way could this be serious, this was some weird coincidence. He was still frozen, what if it was Luke, what did he say? Ashton waited a few more moments if this was Luke. If this were Luke which it wouldn't be... he would put everything on the line and kiss him as soon as he opened the door, he would make a fool of himself, but you can't get much clearer than that can you?

His heart was practically pounding out of his chest as he finally pulled the door open and on top of his tacky Lord of The Rings themed doormat was Luke Hemmings. A small smile on his face, hair curly and doing whatever it wanted, little stubble all over his chin. Legs and legs on him and the goddamn smile. Ashton kissed him, just like he'd told himself he would, throwing caution to the wind and Luke kissed him back, not like nothing had changed, but like he knew, it was needy and purposeful, both of them melting into one another.

Ashton had a moment of clarity and pulled back before tugging Luke into the apartment and closing the door. "I have neighbours, and people could see that, and I don't even know if you're out to your band, I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry I got a little caught up, but fuck I missed you," Luke sighed.

"I missed you too," Ashton sighed softly, but before he indulged himself further, he asked, "so what's the verdict, what'd you come here to say?"

"I came here to say, that you're important to me, I care about you a lot, and I wanna try and make this work," Luke said, and when Ashton looked up, Luke stared deep into his eyes holding his gaze, Ashton searched his eyes, pools of blue that were full of earnestness and something else he couldn't place.