nineteen

harry

It was almost 7pm when we left Z's studio, walking home under the dimming skies. We stopped outside of Lola's home, settling our bodies by the closed gate as she sighed into the air with a sense of relief overwhelming her. Her eyes grazed me, a sparkle behind those blue orbs. Her aura was different, even before we went to the studio. Her glow seemed brighter, her skin and eyes held a more earthly atmosphere as her body language signalled a certain longing for the boy standing in front of her.

I swallow as she takes a step closer to me. "Thanks for today, Harry." I always loved the way she said my name, something in the way her mouth curved around the letters made my mind go wild.

"You're obviously welcome." I smile. "I kind of did it too, as a way of saying sorry for the other night at the exhibit." I lower my head as she sighs, I couldn't tell if she was angry or sad but her words filled me with light when she spoke next.

"Harry it's okay, I understand." She almost whispers that last word.

My head rises. "Really?"

She shrugs. "Yeah, of course." Her eyes seemed dimmer in that second, scanning across her garden. "I do need to make a decision." Her voice was almost a mutter, but it still impacted my emotions greatly.

I felt my heart race so loudly in that moment, a ringing in my ears. But I pushed away any anxiety, going with the rush as I let my fingers grace under her chin, guiding her face back to me as she stared into my eyes, a need in that blue universe swimming around in there. I exhaled gently, letting her own breath reel me in as I brushed my lips over the plumpness of her lips. She felt warm, a delicate touch that made my soul move forward and deepen the intimate moment. Lola responds immediately, wrapping her arms around my neck, my own snake around her waist as urgency pours from our bodies.

It felt like hours; our lips synced in a perfect dance as the stars smiled down at us. I let my tongue slide over her bottom lip as she moaned in response, but she pulls away too suddenly and in seconds I am left aching for her touch again. Her eyes scan over the structure she calls home, guilt-ridding her spark as she sighs out a smoggy breath.

"We-It's getting late." Her body moves back, but in seconds her soul comes closer and her lips connect with mine again. Lasting only a few short seconds, our kiss breaks and she whispers goodbye to me and then enters her gate, walking into her home with a skip.

I sighed when I began my journey, all-in-all a warm smile on was on my lips the entire walk home that night.

I arrived home to find nothing but darkness, an indication that no one was home yet. I check the time on the clock as I enter the kitchen. 9:33pm. It was still early so I made myself some grilled cheese and hot cup of tea. But instead of heading to my room and into my ever-so-welcoming bed, I motioned for that faded green garage door.

It was cold within these walls, I gently place my tea and plate down before letting light flow through, turning to the heater quickly to set it on high. When I finished my grilled cheese, I sipped on my tea as I walked around the garage gathering supplies to start painting. The atmosphere was growing warmer, and with that welcoming air, inspiration poured out of me. My tea went cold as soon as that canvas was set up, paintbrush in hand and paints mixed and ready. I sketched for hours, getting every detail perfect before those colours graced across this empty canvas.

For hours I painted, occasionally having a break to make more tea, but soon those brushes would be moulded into my fingers again as they glided colour across that white canvas. I painted the night sky, and the stars and the moon smiling down on her glowing skin. I dared to create the perfect blue-eyed girl as she laid out on the grass with a book covering her pale features. I painted my favourite memory of her, absorbed into the pages of a novel as she gracefully danced in the new universe that played across her colourful mind.