Chapter 19

MELS POV

I knew I had to do something about Josh, we were friends and we had to learn how to talk things out.

I sent Josh a text telling him to meet me at Starbucks at ten and then went for a light jog.

Maybe Josh had a good explanation for why he didn't want Jenny to see us together.

Around 9:30 I got into my car and drove to the local Starbucks, I walked in, picked a table, and ordered us two light coffees.

Ten minutes later, Josh came in and plopped down next to me.

"What's up pal?" He asked, taking a small sip from his coffee,

"Well, there's something I need to talk to you about," I started shyly.

He nodded so I continued.

"Well a couple of days ago... When you kicked me out, I uhhh... I saw Jenny's car in your driveway. I was just wondering why you didn't want her to see us together, I mean were only friends and I'm sure she would understand," I finished, nervous for his reaction.

He sat there unblinking for a few seconds then chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I said, offended that Josh found this funny.

"Mel, I didn't want you there because I don't think she would appreciate it if you were there to see me break up with her," he explained.

I felt so stupid.

"Why did you break up with her?" I asked.

"I just thought it was time to move on, see other people." He shrugged.

"Oh, cool" I said, now I might have a chance with him!

"Yeah and I have something to ask you," he said.

Right in the middle of Starbucks Josh got down on one knee and asked me.

"Melissa Harper, will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared at him wide eyed for a couple of seconds then smiled and nodded slowly. Of course I would be his girlfriend!

Applause rang out around us and I couldn't help but blush.

He smiled wide and picked me out of my chair, he spun me around for a couple of seconds then set me down gently.

"I promise you Melissa, I will be the best boyfriend you have ever had!" He exclaimed.

I smiled, still at a loss for words.

"I think its time for our first date," he announced.

"I will meet you at your house in twenty minutes," I said happily.

I drove quickly to my house and got ready, what would we be doing?

I sprinted up to the door and knocked twice before Josh appeared.

"Mel, do I have something planned for us!" He exclaimed.

He scooped me up and carried me downstairs where it looked like a real life movie theatre. The whole place was lit by candles, sending a warm glow over the room.

"Josh did you put this all together?" I asked in awe.

"yup," he said proudly.

It brought back memories of Brady that made my heart ache but Josh had worked so hard to do this for me so I pushed the thought of Brady away and plopped down on a chair.

"So what are we watching?" I quizzed him.

"Well I guess I really didn't get that far," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Goofball," I said playfully. I shuffled over to the movie cabinet and chose a couple of my favorite 'dating' movies.

I pushed in 50 First Dates and pressed play then hopped on the chair next to Josh and made myself comfortable.

Let's just say that Josh is the WORST movie watcher ever!

He kept yelling things like "HOW COULD SHE NOT REMEMBER HIM!"  and "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT DAD," a couple of times he even had tears in his eyes.

I was glad when it was over, but still amused.

"Josh, how do people go to movies in theatres with you?" I said incredulously.

"Haven't you ever been emotionally attached to a movie before?" He asked passion brimming in his voice.

I giggled.

"No, but I did have a hard time watching Where the Red Fern Grows though," I stated.

He chuckled and pulled me onto the couch with him.

"Well now that we are boyfriend and girlfriend, can we do what boyfriends and girlfriends do?" He asked shyly.

"Oh? And what is that Mr. Josh?"

"This," he said kissing me lightly on the lips, catching me by surprise.

"Well I guess that IS what girlfriends and boyfriends do," I said.

I leaned in and started to kiss him passionately, slowly and carefully.

As we went on it got more intense and fast paced, his hand trailed up my shirt but didn't go higher than my belly button. Unlike Brady, Josh knew his limits.

We continued to kiss for the other two movies, barely even watching them.

If I had told my past self that one day I would be making out with Josh, I would have laughed in my face. Now things were different though, I really liked Josh and I hoped that we would stay together for a while.

______________________________________________________

I'm only going to be writing in MELS POV from now on!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!