Crazy Love

Notice: this work is Protected by copyright and any copying or reproduction of this book is prohibited.

If you see any copying please notify me: Thank you

Crazy Love

By: JennaRB

Intro

I have never been the type of person to hate someone, but with Josh that's not the case.

It started as a childhood rivalry, I could run faster but he was stronger. Everyday he would climb the fence that separated our yards and challenge me to some stupid game he came up with.

In elementary school, he and his friends would chase me around the playground and throw the mulch at me. I would scream, "Leave me alone!" but for some reason that would only motivate them to run faster.

In seventh grade he spread nasty rumors that I made out with Matthew Campbell behind the school bleachers. First of all I would never make out with Matthew, he was gross. Second I never talked to Matthew anyways so I don't know where Josh got that idea. Everyone believed him though, I could barely walk through the hallway without someone singing,

"Melissa and Matthew sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Finally in eighth grade Josh crossed the oh so fragile line by calling me fat and saying that I was never going to find someone that would ever like me back.

I thought about what he said every night before I went to bed. How could someone be so cruel to another human being?

Was I really fat? I had never done anything to him, what made him hate me so much?

I had never thought about my weight before, I was never insecure until Josh said that.

I definitely wasn't the skinniest girl in the grade. I was 150 pounds, what could I say? I liked my fries.

I didn't do anything about Josh's comment, just tried to brush it off.

After a lot of pondering over Ben and Jerry's ice cream I decided to make a big change in my life, I stopped my daily McDonald's runs and started going on outside runs.

Over the summer going into senior year I lost 30 pounds. Don't ask me how because I really don't know, I guess somewhere under all of that blubber there was a healthy girl trying to break her way through.

Best part was, Josh and his family had moved to California in ninth grade, sure he would be back Senior year, but by then he would have forgotten all about me and the hurtful things he had said, all the pain he had caused me. Just like it had never happened...

Getting fit over the summer definitely took its toll on my social life, my old friends made new friends and didn't even care that they were totally forgetting about me. I didn't really sit on it much though because I was geared and ready for the upcoming school year. Just wait until everyone saw me again!

"Is that really her?" They would say, jaws hitting the floor.

I would just keep walking by like I was a goddess and they were all just common people.

Yeah, senior year is going to be great.