Chapter 10 - Could It Be Love?

Chris POV

After Robyn was discharged from hospital, she said we should stay at our own apartments. Usually, she stayed with me, but she said she just wanted to be alone and I guess I can respect that. I got the weird feeling there was something wrong though. Maybe I said something wrong. Could it be about Jason? I had to fight the urge to turn the whole hospital upside down when she was defending him. He's bad news and I don't want to see her get hurt. She's come so far, and if she becomes friends with Jason again, he could destroy her. The thing about Robyn is she's such a selfless caring person and because she's been through struggles, she empathises with everyone else that has but I need her to stay away from Jason, for her own good. Besides, we've grown to close for me to lose her to a deranged ex. I texted her.

'Chris 👅😎'
Hey baby, are you okay? How you feeling since being discharged?

'Robyn 😍❤️'
Fine.

See, I knew there was something up. She's been so cold with me. I feel like she's shutting me out and that's not fair. All I've ever tried to do was protect her.

'Chris 👅😎'
Robyn...

'Chris 👅😎'
Look, I'm sorry

'Chris 👅😎'
Can you stop ignoring me Robyn? You worrying me.

'Chris 👅😎'
Are you okay?

I know she's seen my messages. Most of them display "R" so she's read them but she's not responding. Damn, what's baby girls problem? I'm going around to her place. Not only do I need to check if she's okay, but I'm also lonely as fuck. I hopped in my Range, and drove to Robyn's big three story apartment. Her place is actually really nice. I walked to the door nervously and knocked. I hope everything's okay. I heard a lot of shuffling from the other end.

"Just a minute" I heard Robyn's tiny voice say. What could she possibly be doing?

After a solid 5 minutes, she opened the door and displayed a fake smile on her face.

"Chris" she said slightly annoyed. See, what was that? Why would she not be happy to see me?

"Hey baby" I said genuinely smiling.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. I gave her a hug but it was slightly awkward because she clearly didn't want me here.

"I was texting you, but you didn't respond. I know you read the messages Robyn, wassup? Why are you acting weird, like you're not that into me anymore" I said looking at my hands.

"Chris, I, it's not you. I'm feeling a little tired. I just want to be alone"

"Naw Rob, be real with me, tell me wassup"

"It's nothing to do with you, okay. Now, Chris, just leave". At this point, I was kind of upset. Why didn't she want me inside? I barged past her and walked into her house.

"Chris, you're annoying me. Leave"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong"

"You're what's wrong Chris. You're overly possessive, example number 1, forcing yourself into my house. Not wanting me to see Jason. Always wanting me to stay at your place. I'm beginning to feel like you're using protection as an excuse for controlling me. We've only been doing this thing, whatever the hell it is for 6 weeks Chris!" she yelled at me. I was not expecting that. I stepped back shocked.

"Robyn, I didn't know you felt this way. All I've been doing is trying to protect you. I'm not going to apologise for that. & I'm not controlling you, cause you can do whatever the fuck you like now" I said walking towards her door with anger radiating off of me. How dare she talk to me like that? All I've tried to do was help her sorry ass.

"Chris, I didn't mean it like that, I just..." She sighed deeply.

"I'm scared. This is how it started with Jason. He became a little possessive, then it lead to him beating me and mistreating me so badly. I don't want that to be us. Sorry, I'm just scared"

My face softened. Here we go again. I walked back to her and grabbed her face.

"You don't have to be, I would never hurt you. I'm not Jason. But that being said, I'm going to let you have your freedom. I'll try to step back and stop being so interfering, I just care, that's all"

She kissed me roughly and I kissed her back with just as much enthusiasm. Her arms instinctively wrapped around my neck, before she started feeling up my abs. She pulled back and smiled.

"Thanks for understanding" she said happily.

"That's okay baby. You're my girl, I'm supposed to understand you" she looked at me and smirked devilishly.

"Oh, so I'm your girl now?" Damn, I forget I hadn't asked her officially.

"Yeah, you been my girl" I said pulling her into my arms and kissing her sweet smelling hair.

"Really, that's news to me" she said giggling like a little school girl.

"Yeah, but on a serious note, sorry I didn't ask you to be my girl earlier, I was so caught up in things but I want you to know that you mean the world to me. Honestly. I'm so lucky to have you" She looked so taken aback, she opened her mouth but words weren't coming out so she simply hugged me tightly.

To be honest, I was a bit anxious about the idea of Robyn being my girl officially. I mean, my first real girlfriend Karrueche, hurt me more than I like to admit. She didn't care about me, she used me for money and when she had all that she wanted, she left me and went back to her fiancée. Yup, she had a fiancée the whole time she was with me, turns out I was just her side nigga. I hate that hoe. No one will ever know how thankful I am to have Robyn. I know she's not like my ex so I have nothing to worry about. Robyn cares. When I first told her about my mother, her practically hating me, Karrueche and my horrible jail experience, I was very saddened. I'd kept all this heartache in for so long that when I actually let it all out, it was an emotional time for me. I cried my eyes out that night in Robyn's lap and she didn't judge me, she just comforted me and told me repeatedly that's it's not my fault. That's what I love about Robyn, she's so selfless. She puts my needs before her own and always makes it seem like her hurt and pain is lesser than mine. She's such a beautiful girl, inside an out. So strong. I love everything about her. That's it. I.. I love her. I looked at her now sitting on the couch playing video games. She's like the female version of me. I think I love her.

-----------------------------------------------------
Authors Note;;
Guys! I'm back. I haven't wrote a chapter for this story in 8 months but I want to start writing again and complete the story. I don't know if anyone's gonna read this or even want me to continue the story so if you leave a comment, vote or share, then I will know whether or not to continue. This chapter's pretty crappy but the next will be better if I get views, votes or comments.

Peace ❤️.