An Aid To Help Me Breathe

It was a long drive, Amora almost refused to leave but they couldn't stay there all night. Lorenzo was driving her back to the city. Back to the syndicate to pick up a few things and make an announcement to the people working there. Lorenzo was leaving and Nico, well he's gone now. Nobody was next in line to run it.

Lorenzo had Amora stay in the car while he went to go pick up some things from his office and some things from Nico's office as well. She couldn't stop thinking about all that water. She shook her head and held her stomach, then she opened the door and threw up.

Lorenzo. Amora?
He put the box down in the car.

Lorenzo. Are you okay?
But she just shook her head.

Lorenzo. Okay come on, imma take you back to my place.

She closed the car door repositioning herself in her seat. She glanced over at the box that Lorenzo had put in the car and saw a picture of Nico and Amora. She remembered taking it when they were on his island together the first time. His island. She could never go back. She couldn't stand the thought of being there and the memories of them all over the place. It would drive her crazy.

Then a vivid memory of her diving into the ocean drunk and almost drowning came to mind. He saved her life. Why couldn't she save his? She remembered how she felt. Letting the water fill her lungs and the back of her throat.

Amora. Pull over!

Lorenzo pulled over to the side of the road and Amora threw up again.

Lorenzo. Amora the more you think about it, you are going to make yourself sick

Her body was shaking and Lorenzo got out of the car to grab her and he put her in the backseat hoping that maybe she would go to sleep. But she never did. She just laid there. Eyes open and focused on absolutely nothing.

Even though she was still awake he picked her up out of the car and carried her inside of his little house. He laid her down on the bed and went to get the stuff out of the car. She got up and went to the mirror. She really had looked terrible. Her clothes damp and wrinkled. A cut down her arm and little scratches on her neck. She must have hurt herself running through the woods and didn't even realize it.

She made her way to the bathroom and stripped out of her clothes. She had goosebumps all over her body but she hadn't been worried about herself. She got in the shower and turned the water up really hot. Amora was trying to bring her body temperature down. She must have stood in there over an hour. The last shower she had taken was a day ago and it was with Nico. He was talking about his life. They were going to build a life together. Amora was sure of it. It would have been a dysfunctional one, but it would have been a life worth living with him.

Cher was dead, Stacy was dead Arturo was murdered, Nico was de.., Nico was gone. She knew she couldn't stay with Lorenzo forever. What was her purpose for living now? She sat down in the shower. Her body tensed all the way up until it started shaking and then she sent off a powerful scream. Lorenzo standing on the other side of the door could hear how much pain she was in. He could almost feel her heart wanting to give up.

Lorenzo took a deep breath and put his back to the bathroom door. He put his face in his hands. It was hard to know he had lost his best friend but it was even harder watching her go through the loss of the love of her life. He was gone. Just gone. Couldn't have a funeral with no body and no ashes. But he would live forever in Amora's mind and in her heart. He would never die.

Lorenzo had left the door sometime after and made Amora something to eat before going into his room and locking himself in there. It was torture what them two were feeling. Amora finally coming out of the shower walked right into her room pick up the first object she saw and threw it at the wall. Breaking a nearby champagne glass. She picked up a picture frame and threw it at the window shattering the window and breaking the picture frame. She took a plate and smashed it against the wall. Glass pieces flying everywhere. Lorenzo ran in to check ok her but of course she wasn't okay.

Amora was standing in front of the window barefoot in all the glass she had broke. Could it be possible that she felt no pain at all expect the pain in her heart?

He walked up to her and turned her around, pulling her into a tight hug. She cried hard not being able to breathe. Gasping between cries for air. No matter what she did her body never stopped shaking. Lorenzo could feel her heart breaking and a tear fell from his cheek. She knelt down in the broken glass on the floor and he did to right beside her. He could feel her weakening her hands trembling.

Lorenzo lifted her on to the bed and left the room he came back with a wet rag to put over her cut and bleeding legs. But he also come back with a box.

Lorenzo. I'm going to give you some space
He said, his voice hoarse.

Lorenzo. These are some of Nico's things that I thought maybe you would want and maybe he would want you to have. I know it feels like it will never pass but Nico would want you to be okay, he would want you to live.

He got up from the bed and took one last look at her. She was utterly and completely dead inside. Staring at nothing and feeling nothing. There wasn't a word to describe how she was feeling. Like she was suffocating in her own guilt and sorrow.

He let the room and Amora kicked the box on the floor making all of the items fall out. Then she saw a laptop slide out of the box.

Amora. Stupid fucking laptop! You're worthless now!
She cried

To her there was nothing more painful than the thought of losing him. Never seeing him again. Never feeling his touch, never feeling comfortable in his hugs, never feeling his lips, never feeling protected again. She would forever crave him and his arms around her. It wasn't like before it was different. Before he was lost but now the great Nico Vitale was gone.