Water Under The Bridge

They were driving back from the hospital. Just Nico, Amora, and the open road. Where were they going? He had no idea. There were too many eyes on them to go back to his private island and his last safe house had been breached. They could leave the country but how long would they be safe before they had to run again? They had to take care of Mylon, it was up to him now.

He glanced at Amora who was gazing out of the window. What would he do with her? Should she stay with him or should he leave her with someone else until it was all over? What was the game plan?

Amora. Where are we going?
She said without looking at him.

Nico. I don't know
He said shaking his head. Then he pulled the car over to the side of the road.

Nico. We need to figure out what we are going to do
He looked at Amora but she was crying.

Nico. What is it?

Amora. Everyone's gone, everyone abandoned us
She had been feeling more emotional than she had ever been in her life. Managing all of he strong emotions often gave her headaches and stomachaches. She had been finding it increasingly difficult to be calm.

Nico. We are going to be okay
He tried to hug her but she pushed him away.

Amora. It's all your fault!

Nico. I know
He said sitting back in his seat.

Nico. I know

She sat there with her arms crossed and tears streaming down her face.

Nico. Do you want to stay with me or do you want me to find someone else for you to stay with?

Amora. Now you just want to get rid of me! What are you gonna abandon me to!
She said throwing a hard punch at his arm.

Nico. I don't know what you want! I don't know Amora. Geez I don't wanna leave you! I don't I want you to stay with me! But after last night you told me you  wanted to leave, that you needed space

Amora. I don't have anywhere to go Nico

Nico. Look at me
He turned her head to make her look at him.

Nico. I'm sorry about everything!! Everything! I'm sorry I kidnapped you, I'm sorry I hide you from the world, I'm sorry I kept you from your family, I'm sorry I Involved you, I'm sorry Anthony died, I'm sorry I murdered Arturo, I'm sorry I couldn't protect Cher, I'm sorry it's my fault Lorenzo is gone, IM SORRY! I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that everyone in the world abandoned us, I'm sorry you got stuck with me, I'm sorry that I love you Because I won't let you go.

Amora. Nico ...

Nico. Let me finish. I know all of this is my fault everything is my fault, but I'm doing everything I can to protect you keep you save Because God knows if anything ever happened to you I couldn't continue. I need you, yes some people died in the process of me protecting you and I wish there had been another way around that but I can't do this without you, everyone abandoned us but I'm not leaving you, I'm not abandoning you, I love you Amora, if you want to blame me for the rest of your life go ahead. I won't stop loving you even if you hate me.

Amora. I don't hate you
She said sobbing.

Amora. I just don't know how to cope with all this I don't know how to deal with it I'm so angry that I take it all out on you and I know it's wrong for me to do that, I'm sorry I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with all this

Nico. I know, I know
He said with his head on the steering wheel.

Nico. Come on
He pulled her into his lap and she cried into his shirt.

Nico. It's just us baby, it's gonna be hard but we can do this okay ?
She nodded her head.

As he was holding her a tear escaped his eye. What the hell was he gonna do.

Amora. I love you Nico
She said playing with the buttons on his shirt.  

Nico. I love you Amor
He kissed her head.

That night they slept in Nico's car. Where else could they go. No where was safe. In the middle of the night Nico woke up to Amora laying on his chest she was sound asleep but he had to go to the bathroom. He knew he shouldn't have sat up drinking after she fell asleep but things were changing so fast it was hard to keep up. But now the alcohol was making him have to go. Poor girl, "I can't wake her, she's so exhausted" he thought to himself.

He tried to pick her up carefully and set her down on the other seat and as soon as he was about to open the door she grabbed him.

Amora. Nico don't leave
But when he looked at her he noticed she still had her eyes closed. She must be half awake and half sleep.

Nico. I will be right back baby

Amora. Don't leave me Nico
He gently moved her arm and he got out of the car. She was still sleep and she wasn't talking or moving anymore. So he went to go find a tree. He must have only been gone for three minutes when he  heard her screaming.

Nico. Amora!
He ran back to the car and saw that the drivers side door was open and a man was in the car sitting on top of her.

Amora. Nico!
He pulled the guy off of her and threw him on the street and started beating him.

Nico. You think it's okay to put your hands on women! Cause you just messed with the wrong fucking one!

He said pounding his face over and over again into the street.

Amora. Nico stop! You're gonna kill him!

But he didn't stop.

Amora. Nico!
She said pulling him away from the man.

He stopped and looked at him.

Amora. Is he dead?
She said covering her mouth.

Nico. We should go

Amora. Nico..

Nico. Now!
She got in the car and Nico climbed into the passengers seat. He started driving and halfway down the road Nico punched the steering wheel.

Amora. What has gotten into you

Nico. Just shut up

Amora. You didn't have to kill him!

Nico. I said shut up!

Amora. Or what! You'll hit me! I fucking dare you too!

*Flashback*
Little Nico. Auntie?

He said walking through the house with his blanket.

He walked into her room and saw a man on top of her and tears in her eyes.

Little Nico. Auntie?

Kimberly. Just go Nico

But Nico dropped his blanket on the floor and ran to the kitchen to grab a knife, then he went back in the room.

Little Nico. Get off her!

Man. What the fuck are you gonna do!?
He turned around to see him standing there with a knife.

Man. Oh so you gone stab me? Go ahead little man, go ahead!
He said getting off of Kimberly and standing in front of Nico. Without hesitation, Nico stabbed him deep in the stomach.

Man. You... You... You little fucker!
He fell to his knees blood started pouring from his mouth.

Kimberly. Nico! No!

He grabbed the knife from him and grabbed him, pulling him into her so that he wouldn't see all the blood.

Little Nico. Auntie did I kill him?

Kimberly. Why did you... Nico... why would you do this!?

Little Nico. He was hurting you

Kimberly. Then you should have let him!

Little Nico. No!
He said slapping Kimberly.

*End Of Flashback*

Amora. Nico!!
Was the last thing he heard before the car plummeted into a lake.