One Too Many Goodbyes

He was sitting tied to a chair in a dimly lit room. He turned his head when a big Italian guy threw a hard punch to his jaw.

Man. You've had enough yet?

Nico spit out blood before replying to the man.
Nico. Is that all you've got?

The man smiled and left the room. He came back with a girl who looked beaten and wore out. He threw her on the floor in front of Nico.

Nico. Amora, what the hell did you do to her!?
He looked back down at her. She was breathing hard and she had blood running down the side of her arm.

Man. Somebody in the other room got to have a piece of her. Lucky guy

A fire lit in Nico's eyes and he clenched his fist. The man watched with fear as Nico went from sarcastic to threatening. He slowly rose out of his chair and threw himself backwards on the ground breaking the chair and freeing himself.

Man. Shit

He said locking the door and then throwing the key in his mouth and swallowing it.

Man. Come and get it!

Nico charged at the man throwing punch after punch after punch. Knocking him to the floor. The man took out a pocket knife and tried to swing at Nico a few times but missed every time.

Nico wrapped his hands around the mans throats and squeezed it as he suffocated to death. Once he was dead Nico stood up and looked over at Amora who was laying half passed out on the floor.

Nico. Geez baby what did they do to you?
He said almost panicking. But she couldn't speak.

He picked her up in his arms and sat her up against the wall on her knees.

Nico. Baby can you hear me? Say something please

Amora. Nico?
She said almost sounding confused.

Nico. I'm right here love, I'm going to get you out of here

He took off his jacket and laid her back down on the floor.

Nico. Stay awake
He said as he walked away from her. He looked around no windows, no vents, no their door beside the locked one.

He looked at the dead man on the floor and shook his head. Then looked back at Amora.

Nico slowly picked up the knife from off the floor and got on his knees in front of the man. He took a deep breath and stabbed him in the stomach then drug the knife down slicing his body open. It smelled horrible and there was blood everywhere.

Without looking he used his hands to feel around for the key and he found it.
He pulled it out and wiped his hands on the mans jacket. Nico walked back over to Amora who barely had her eyes open.

Nico. Come on love

He picked her up bridal style and carried her to the door where he used the key to unlock it.

He had to be careful not to get caught. While Nico was hiding behind a wall around a corner he could hear some of the other men speaking, he couldn't really understand what they were saying but one word stood out to him like a sore thumb "Mylon" they must work for him which would make sense.

He looked down at Amora while he was waiting for the guys to pass by.

Nico. Baby?

Amora. Mmm

"What the hell did they do to her?" Was the only thing he could wonder at the moment but he had to stay focused he had to get them out alive.
The men had passed them and Nico peered around the corner to a door and a sign that said stairs.