~ Chapter 28 ~

"Jungkook~ here's the finance department's report for this month." I handed him the documents with a sweet smile on my face. The office had suddenly become a much more pleasant place to be, no more arguments or Jimin around, just my work friends and new boyfriend.

After the awkwardness faded away we couldn't seem to manage to get enough of eachother. At every opportunity we had we would go out on dates or hang out at his apartment.

"Thanks baby." He took the documents from my hands.

"Come here." He whispered even though both of us knew that no one outside would be able to hear.

I made my way around his desk and sat in his lap; wrapping my arms around his neck and shoulders to keep my balance.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I missed you." He pouted cutely.

"I was only gone for fifteen minutes." I chuckled.

"Still too long." He nuzzled his face sweetly into my neck and placed a gentle kiss.

The scene was interuppted by a loud scream. Both of us whipped our heads round to spot Hoseok slamming the door behind him.

"Well someone needs to learn how to knock first." Jungkook spoke after a long silence whilst I sat there in shock.

"What are we gonna do now?! The whole building will know in five minutes with Hoseok on the loose!"

"Hey hey calm down." He spoke softly.

"I think many people kinda know already."

My eyes widened as if I had seen a ghost. But it was true, my closest friends in the office seemed to get the hint, even Hoseok. Although if he had any doubts in his mind that me and Jungkook weren't dating then they would surely be cleared now.

***

At lunch time all eyes in the company canteen seemed to follow me. I stayed close to Mina and Yuna in an attempt to hide from the crowd.

"Oh look who it is... The boss' slut." One female worker bumped into me harshly.

"What a golddigger." A man commented. I looked down at my feet in shame.

"Yah! Be careful what you say." The normally reserved Mina stood up for me.

"I just don't think its right for her to get her position just for her looks. A little birdie told me that you'd never even been a personal secretary before."

"Please stop jumping to conclusions, I think this is all a bit of a misunderstanding." I pleaded but even more people began crowding around us in curiosity.

Was this a company or a high school?! We're people really immature enough here to sink to the level of bullying?

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was giving her bonuses every month."

"She's just a sugar baby in disguise."

"I bet that she doesn't even do her work."

A loud noise boomed through the audio system in the ceiling; hushing everyone in the canteen below.

"All employees of the CEO's office please return to their desks." I recognised it as Jungkook's voice and tried to ignore the stares that continued all around me following the rare staff announcement.

***

Eventually we all returned to our desks as requested. As I entered his office he was pacing up and down the room in worry.

"Are you okay?! Security told me what was happening, but not to go and find you in case it made matters even worse." He looked down at his feet, disappointed that he could not step in himself.

"It's fine, some people are just cruel." I sighed.

"You don't have to put up with it you know. They should be showing you more respect knowing that we're together, not the opposite." His fist tightened in anger.

"Once the drama dies down it'll be okay."

"Then let's both take a week off."

I looked to him in surprise, he was such a workaholic. The last thing I expected him to request was a break.

"We need it." His expression softened slightly into a comforting smile.

Author's note
Hi guys! My Wattpad app is being a bit weird so I was wondering if you can all see chapters 23 and 27 okay? It is saying that they weren't posted but they are still getting views, votes and comments...

Author's noteHi guys! My Wattpad app is being a bit weird so I was wondering if you can all see chapters 23 and 27 okay? It is saying that they weren't posted but they are still getting views, votes and comments