Chapter 17: Control

Ophelia's POV

As I slammed the door, not fully understanding what just happened, I fell to floor, my legs giving up on me, becoming jelly, before I curled up in a ball against the wall and quietly sobbed away all feelings, becoming the blank unemotional person I thought I left at home before coming to this complicated place. 

Just when I started to calm down, take deep breaths and rest my head against the wall in order to dry up the tears that threatened to fall, i heard a scream of pain. It was then when I realised that I could have hurt Evan. I rushed to my feet, barged through the door to see a lonely and suffering body, almost lifeless. He was on his stomach, rigling on the floor like a worm taking its lasts step. I rushed over not knowing what to do or how to help. 

"Evan!" I shouted, petrified of the situation. He stopped moving as I ran over to him. He tried to role over not saying a word. I grabbed his head in my hands, but he flinched, making me think I hurt him once again, it was then that I looked down, noticing the icicle sticking out of his frozen leg. 

"Omg! Evan! What should I do, your foot, it's frozen." Stressed and afraid, tears started to trickle down my cheeks. Evan sat up, grunted with pain, before taking me in his arms as if I was the one in pain, the one with a half frozen leg. 

"Can't you use your fire to melt the icicle away?" I sobbed into his chest before abruptly standing up, grabbing his hand and leading it to his leg. 

"There is no point, if I melt the icicle I will melt the frozen parts of my leg." He explained. 

"But we have to try, to stop it spreading!" I cried, noticing the cold blue ice make its way up to his stomach. I quickly put his hand on his leg. I rapidly realised I was just causing him more pain, for he screamed before removing  his hands as if he had touched a hot stove. "I'm sorry. I am so so sorry," I whimpered, "I just can't wait here." I said, standing up to rush to the phone, before being held back by a tight grip around my wrist. 

"There is no point, there is nothing anyone can do, I knew this would happen as soon as I found out you had the opposite powers to me." He said weakly as I lay his head on my lap. "I am just glad it wasn't you who got hurt." He confessed, gently stroking one side of my face before taking a last glance at the flesh consuming ice that had made its way up to his chest now, covering two thirds of his stunning body. 

"I can't loose you...," I sobbed, holding him tight before placing my hand on his chest, tears cascading down my face and onto the floor. As Evans eyes began to close, I got up, carefully placing Evan's head on the hard floor, and then sat back down next to his blue frozen body, before lying on his chest, crying my eyes out, trying to think about how this lifeless and hurt version of Evan that once showed me the love and care that no one ever had before, the same one who made me joyful to wake up from a deep sleep that I had been craving for the past 10 years, had been hurt so horrendously.

I lay there for what felt like forever, before lifting my head up to hear the faintest cough. As the tears stopped falling, the oxygen stopped entering my lungs, as if time itself had stopped, hoping that this faint movement of air had come from Evan, I had just noticed that his chest from where I was just lying had defrozen. I suddenly thought, before strategically placing my hands above the icicle that had sucked the life out of an innocent, loving boy, the ice began to melt, leaving his leg completely healed, no blood, no cuts and no ice! After shuffling around to place my hands all over him in order to remove the ice, I sat looking at Evans face, hoping that I would see those big blue eyes open before embracing me and being able to walk out of this horrible situation alive and well, with me, I realised that although the ice was gone, so was the boy I fell in love with. All that was left was a spiritless, deceased body that lay on the cold wooden planks that joined together to form the floor. 

I couldn't bare staring at him anymore, hoping that he would wake up, so I stood up, looked at him one last time before turning away and heading for the door. 

As I opened the door, looking down to the ground waiting for one last tear to be wasted away in this room, a strong hand made an appearance, closing the door slowly.

"I told you...I would never leave you.... so please don't do the same to me." 

Hi all, sorry for the short chapter but I just had to stop it there, but don't worry I will post the next one as soon as possible. Anyway hope you are enjoying the Choice and pls don't froget to comment anything about my story like questions or advice on how to improve! Thanks again x