Cakes

Stuti loved cakes. Not only those packed ones in the supermarket but those extravagant ones as well. She never minded going that extra mile when it came to cakes. Growing up included eating junk and almost everything she could find, and this was how she found The Bakery.
She was lean and no matter how much she ate, she couldn't get fat. Not that she complained though.
She was sixteen and was coming back after a tiring day from school after being bullied about how she looked like a matchstick. She was wandering aimlessly and it only occured to her after an hour or so that she was lost. She didn't go out often and she wasn't on her usual path to home and it was enough to freak her out.
Her stomach gurgled. Oh well.
That's when a smell wafting through the evening breeze met her nostrils. It didn't take her a second to decide that she wasn't lost. It was just meant to be.
Five years later, when she entered The Bakery again, she felt the same elation as she did when she had entered it the first time. It hadn't changed much. But she had. She came to The Bakery everyday though. Just for a snack. But during all those years she never really realised that she had got a place where she wouldn't be judged if she was herself. And that is why she kept coming back for more.
But there was more to the place, it was the cakes that she couldn't resist.
She loved the sponges, sometimes hard, sometimes soft. She loved the filling and the colour and the fruits hidden somewhere in between. She loved the way each cake Mrs. Dorothy baked was unique. The icing was not icing; sometimes it was an elegant design, sometimes it was a beautiful example of abstract art and the other times, it was flowers, her favorite.