Chapter 21 - We are so lucky to have you

Start from the beginning

After I finished throwing up, Xander asked me, "Are you alright, beautiful?"

"I'm better," was all I could say with the horrible taste in my mouth.

"Come on," he said and got in the car, but I was not feeling good.

"You don’t look fine. Do you want to go home? I’ll text my parents."

"No, if it doesn’t stop, I'll know."

"Ok, darling."

Xander parked the car in front of the mansion and asked, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, a little," I responded.

We got out of the car and entered the mansion. We chatted with his parents for a few minutes and then sat at the table for dinner. I was feeling a little better than I did earlier.

Xander approached me and asked, "How are you?"

"Better, but it didn't pass completely."

We sat down on the couch after dinner. Xander was talking to his father. I was talking to Elena. We were talking about the wedding when I started to feel bad again.

I went to the bathroom and vomited. Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door.

"Sophia, it’s me. Open the door," Xander said. But I couldn't open the door. I was still vomiting. After I threw up, I washed my face and went out. "Are you okay? You look pale."

I nodded my head, telling him that I didn’t feel well. “It's better if we go home. Maybe if I rest it’ll pass."

"Ok. Do you want me to call your doctor?"

"If I don’t feel better, then we'll call."

He wrapped his arm around me, helping me walk. Elena asked worriedly when we came into the living room, "My dear, are you alright? You look pale." John looked at me.

"She doesn’t feel good. We're going home. She needs to rest," Xander said.

"Stay here. We'll call a doctor," his father said.

"No need. We'll go home and I will rest," I told him. I didn’t want them to know about my pregnancy just yet.

"Okay, however you wish," he told me.

We finally came home. When we entered the house, I felt nauseous again. I dropped my bag on the floor and ran to the bathroom. Xander closed the door and came behind me. He was rubbing my back while I had my head in the toilet.

"You don't look so good. Let's go to the bedroom and I'll call your doctor," Xander said worriedly. I nodded my head, putting my hand on my stomach. He wrapped his arm around me.

I laid on the bed with a pillow behind my back while Xander talked with the doctor. "Yes, she is vomiting," he said while on the phone. He was worried. He was walking back and forth as he talked on the phone.

I placed my hand on my stomach. I was a little worried too. He finished his conversation and sat on the bed. He began to speak as he placed his hand on top of my hand, "Don’t worry. Our baby is fine. The doctor said there is nothing to worry about, but tomorrow we'll go see him for a check-up, just to be sure."

"Alright."

He kissed my belly. "Don’t make us worry, little buddy."

He smiled amusingly while talking to our baby. I smiled in return as I saw his interaction with our unborn baby.

Then he kissed my lips and said, "I will help you change your clothes."

"Ok."

I put my nightie on. He put his sweatpants on and crawled into the bed with me. He laid on the bed and hugged me while stroking my hair.

Xander's P.O.V.

She fell asleep in my arms. I worried about her and our baby, but I tried not to show my worries. It scared me to death just to think if something happened to her or our baby.

I was relieved a little when I talked to the doctor. But I knew that my worries wouldn’t go away until we went for the check-up tomorrow.

Later, she didn't vomit again. It was bright in the morning. I didn’t sleep all night. Maybe she would need something.

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I woke up in the morning, Xander was watching me. I also hadn't vomited again.

"Morning," I greeted him.

"Morning," he responded.

"Did you not sleep? You look tired," I asked him.

"Yeah. I didn’t sleep. Maybe you would need something. Are you better?"

"Yeah."

As he began to rub my stomach, I said, "We are so lucky to have you. You will be a great father." I stroked his cheek.

He smiled and said, "It is me, who is lucky. I am very lucky to have you and our baby in my life." We hugged.

We went downstairs and made breakfast. Elena called him while we were eating and asked if I was okay. After confirming that I was okay, Xander went to take a shower. We got ready and went to the doctor.

As the doctor checked me, Xander held my hand. We were worried.

"Yes, your baby's health is fine. There is nothing to worry about, but keep me informed if this happens again."

"Definitely, and thank you so much."

We were both relieved. Xander helped me wipe the gel off of my stomach and stand up. We left the hospital and went home.

He said he wasn’t going to go to the company. He didn’t want to leave me alone. When I returned to the living room, Xander was sleeping on the sofa. I pulled a blanket over him. I sat next to him and stroked his hair. I kissed his cheek and said, "I'm glad I have you in my life, darling."