Chapter 4 - Old wounds

Sophia's P.O.V.

That name again. They were still together. But Xander's face changed when he heard her name. Xander went to his office.

Xander's P.O.V.

" What are you doing here?" I asked her immediately.

"Hello to you, too," she greeted.

"LILY!"

"I came to talk to you."

"What do you want to talk about?"

She came closer to me and wanted to hold my hand, but I pulled my hand away. "Don't touch me!"

"Xander, please, I am so sorry. I should have told you in advance. We even should have gone together."

"It doesn't mean anything anymore."

"We can be together again if you want. Give us a chance."

"But I don't want another chance. Neither are you the Lily who I loved nor am I the same Xander. You killed that Xander when you moved away, with your own hands. Now you want us to be the same. How can you be so shameless that you came here?"

"Xander..."

I interrupted her immediately when she said my name and said, "I don't want to hear you. I don't want you in my life. I don't want to hear anything from you. Now get out!"

"Xander..."

I interrupted her again and yelled, "I said get out!"

"Bye, Xander."

Sophia 's P.O.V.

We heard noises coming from his office. They were fighting. Amelia was worried. There was something more about this girl.

"Amelia, who is this girl?" I asked.

"Ms. Williams? She is Mr. Knight's ex-girlfriend." At first, she didn't want to say anything but then continued anyway. "They broke up four years ago. They were together a year and a half. Xander was so in love with her. Before he was chatty, sincere, easygoing, and friendly. Later I heard that Ms. Williams got a job offer from abroad. She informed Mr. Knight on the day she left. At the beginning when she left, he drank every day. He did not come to the company. He even had a car accident while being drunk. God helps! Mr. Knight had nothing serious, only the car had been damaged. His father Mr. Knight was mad when he heard about that accident. He did everything for paparazzi to not find out about it. He did everything for Mr. Knight before he bounced himself back. After that accident, he promised his father, Mr. Knight, that he would never be like this again. At that time Mr. and Mrs. Knight had a very difficult time. After that, Mr. Knight bounced back, but he was not the same. He gave himself to his work. He never let anyone near himself. He became cold and distant. Only his childhood friend, James Collins and he are close. At that time, Mr. Collins helped him a lot, too. He did his best to help him."

I was shocked at what I heard. That is why he is the way he is. I hated that girl because of what she had done to him.

"Did he ever have a relationship after that?" I asked.

"Yes, he had, and so many. But all his relationships did not pass 24 hours. Every night with another girl and only one night with the same girl."

I didn't like it. I was jealous. But why? To think that someone else touched him, that he touched someone else. I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. A few minutes later, the girl rushed out of the room. A few seconds later, noises came from his office, the sound of something that scattered. We both ran into his office. When we entered, Xander was sitting sadly in his seat. The room was cluttered.

"GET OUT!" he shouted. We left his office. I had never seen him so upset before. I couldn't bear to see him like this. My heart was sinking. I wanted to hug him tightly. There was no sound afterward. He just canceled all his meetings. I took my bag and left my office too. When I asked Amelia about him, she said he had just left.

I came home and had a snack. I didn't want anything. I was thinking about him. I finally called him. "Hello?"

Someone else picked up his phone. There was music in the background.

"Who are you? Where's Xander?" I questioned.

"I'm Jordan. We are at the nightclub "Chill". He drank too much and is drunk."

"I will arrive as soon as possible. Don't let him go."

"Okay, miss."

I took my bag, my keys, and left. I arrived and went inside. Xander was drinking at the bar. I quickly went to his side. I took his glass out of his hand. He looked at me, surprised.

"What are you doing here?" he asked drunk.

"I called you and they told me you were drunk," I responded.

"And? Did you come to do me a favor?" He took the glass and lifted it up to his lips.

"Xander!"

"One more," he slurred out.

"No this is enough, stand up. We are going home."

He approached me and smirked, "My place or yours?"

"Come on, stand up. You are drunk."

I parked my car at the back door of the nightclub. There were paparazzi in the front of the nightclub. The bartender helped me. We brought him near my car.

"Miss Anderson, is assistant's salary so much?" he asked while he was looking at the car.

"It’s my friend's car."

He looked at me with a reckless smile on his face. We got him in my car. I closed the door. I got in the car, too. He was staring at me. He leaned his head back.

"Where's your house?" I asked.

"Somewhere," he responded simply.

I smiled. He was so cute when he was drunk. "I asked for an address?" He grinned. "Okay, we're going to my place," I said since he didn't say anything else.

I placed his arm around my shoulder and wrapped my arm around his waist. When we came to the door, I leaned him against the wall. I opened the door. I helped him in, and we went inside. I closed the door. We went to my bedroom. I helped him lie down on my bed. I took off his jacket, his shoes, and his tie. He was staring at me.

"You are so beautiful."

I smiled, "And you're drunk," I replied as I pulled the blanket over him. I wanted to go to the kitchen to make him a cup of coffee, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"To the kitchen. You need to drink some coffee."

"No, I don't want any. Just stay here with me. Do not leave me!"

"..."

"Please."

"Ok."

I lay down on the bed next to him. He hugged me and placed his head on my chest. A few seconds later, he fell asleep. I stroked his hair and his cheek. He was sleeping peacefully.