Chapter 2- Elevator

Xander's P.O.V

My father said that my new assistant was going to start working this morning. My former assistant left because she needed to move to another city and now my new assistant was standing in front of me. She was beautiful, so beautiful. After my father introduced her, he walked out. She could not take her eyes off me. It seemed like she was fascinated. In fact, this was not the first time I was in this situation. I witnessed these types of situations several times every day. But there was something different in her eyes—attraction and beauty. I gathered myself and asked, "Are you going to keep staring at me or will we start working?"

She pulled herself together and looked at me angrily. "I was not staring at you."

I grinned and said, "First, you will call me Mr. Knight. Second, you will not oppose my actions and my orders. Third, you will fulfill all my orders properly in time."

"Jerk," she murmured.

I pretended that I hadn't heard her and asked, "What?"

"Nothing...I get it, Mr. Knight," she said, emphasizing the part Mr. Knight.

I hardly managed to smile and said while looking at my paperwork, "Your room is on the opposite of my room. Amelia will give you relevant information about the business and the files you need to examine. You need to look at the files today and finish it. Okay?"

"Ok."

"You may go now."

Sophia's P.O.V.

I walked out and went to my office. I threw my bag on the desk.

"You will call me Mr. Knight. You will not go against my orders," I said mimicking his voice, "Cocky, idiot, control freak." I was talking to myself. He got on my nerves. Suddenly, the door opened. I made myself up. A middle-aged woman came. She must be his secretary.

She greeted me with a smile and said, "It's hard to work with Mr. Knight, but you will get used to it later. He seems like a difficult person, but he is a good person."

"I don't think so," I said and breathed deeply.

"He has given himself to his job and because of that, he wants everything to be perfect. And why he shows himself like a cold person, it's a self-protection instinct."

I smiled without saying anything. Amelia left the files after giving me information about the work. I looked at the files. There were a bunch of files. "How would I finish it today?" I asked myself and started working.

I finally finished the files. When I looked at the watch, it was 9 o'clock. I was exhausted. I took my bag and walked out. The light of Xander's office was lighting. Suddenly, the door of his office opened and our eyes met. He was surprised.

"Didn't you leave?" he asked.

"No, you told me that I needed to review and finish the files today," I responded.

"Okay, I get it. Let's go."

He pulled back to allow me to go first. We were waiting for the elevator. He was looking at something on his phone. He looked very handsome. Suddenly, the door of the elevator opened and we walked in.

The elevator went down and a few minutes later, the lights suddenly went out, and the elevator stopped. I screamed.

"Do not be afraid! The lights just went out. They will repair it as soon as possible," he said and tried to comfort me by putting his hand on my waist.

"I have claustrophobia," I admitted.

He hugged me and said, "Don't be afraid of it. I am here with you. When the lights come back, we will get out of here."

I wrapped my arms around his waist. His masculine scent and his body heat relieved my fear a little. Ever since we met, I had a strange feeling about him that attracted me. It was a weird feeling like I had known him for years.

As he was stroking my hair, he murmured in my ear, "Close your eyes and think that we are walking on the beach. Think about the waves and as we walk on the beach, the waves hit our feet. The breeze is blowing through your hair."

I was relieved a little. Suddenly, the elevator started working. I lifted my head up and opened my eyes. Our eyes met, again. His hand was on my cheek. There was a short distance between us. It seemed like we were caught up in the moment. He moved his eyes down from my eyes to my lips. He closed his eyes and leaned closer to me. I closed my eyes as well.