Chapter 16 - Two lines

Sophia's P.O.V.

I sat up on the bed and asked, "How?"

"I saw them when my sister used them. They were a different shape."

"Maybe they've started to produce them in another shape."

"...Maybe."

"Ella, I want to be alone. I want to sleep."

"Okay, dear. Call me if you need anything. I'll be in the living room." She left the bedroom and closed the door behind her. I closed my eyes.

It was noon when I woke up. I sat up on the bed. There was a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Are you awake?"

"Yeah." She walked in. There was a pharmacy bag in her hand. "What is that?"

"Umm." She sat down beside me on the bed. "I was suspicious and called my sister. I asked her to send me the photos of the pills. She sent a photo and they weren't the same as the ones you had. I went to the pharmacy. I met a woman that works there. She also said that these were not the same and that these are for women who were planning a baby, for a healthy pregnancy."

I was shocked by what I heard. Why would Xander do anything like that?!

"And I got them." She gave me the bag. There were two pregnancy tests in the bag. "I bought two of them just to be sure." I was looking at the test in my hand. I couldn't think of anything, just focused on the box I was holding. "Sophia?"

"...Yes."

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know what to think."

"Just take both tests."

I got up and went to the bathroom. I put the boxes beside the sink. I placed my hand on my stomach while looking at myself in the mirror. What if it's true? I opened the box and took the test out of it. Time didn't pass. I did both tests.

Ella asked me from the bedroom. "Did you do it?"

"Yes. I am waiting," I answered and I saw two lines on both of the tests. I was pregnant. A part of him was growing inside me. I placed my hand on my belly and rubbed it. "I'm having a baby. My baby." I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I was very happy. I was afraid as well. What was I going to do now?

"Sophia," Ella called from the bedroom.

"I'm coming." I washed my face and went to the bedroom.

"And?" Ella asked.

"Positive," I replied and hugged her.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, sit down."

We sat on the bed. "Why did Xander change them? He couldn't possibly be planning this...could he?" I still couldn't believe it. Why would Xander do something like that?

"That's because he wanted you to get pregnant. And so you wouldn't use anything else, he gave them to you. But before he changed them."

"But why?" My mind had stopped. So Xander wanted us to have a baby. But that doesn't allow him to do this to me.

"Maybe he found out the truth, that you are Sophia, and wanted to get some sort of revenge."

"No, he wouldn't do that. I'm sure he found out about it recently."

"How far along are you?" she asked me while looking at my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach.

"I don't know. He or she can be a few weeks old."

"We need to go to the doctor so you'll know. So, what are you going to do? Are you going to tell Xander?"

"I don't know. I don't think he wants to talk to me after yesterday."

"He needed to think about this before he tried to get you pregnant. And if he planned it, he should know that you could be pregnant."

"I want to be alone. I need to think."

"Okay, dear. Call me if you need anything."

"Okay, thanks."

I went to the living room after Ella had left. I sat down on the couch and rubbed my stomach. "What are we going to do now, my little one?"

My phone rang. I thought it might be Xander. When I looked at the phone, it was my mother. I picked up my phone. She asked me about Xander. I told her what happened.

After I hung up the phone, I went to the kitchen and ate something. I grabbed my phone and came across his number. I decided to call Xander, but the phone was turned off. I called Amelia instead, "Hello, Amelia. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you? I thought you were allowed not to come to the company for a few days because Mr. Knight wasn't going to be here."

"...Where did Xander go?"

"...Mr. Knight left for Rome yesterday."

"When will he come back?"

" I do not know. He canceled all his meetings this week."

"Okay...would you let me know if you get any news about him?"

"Sure."

"Thank you." I hung up the phone. I sat down in the armchair. Now, what am I going to do?

Three days later

I had a doctor's appointment today. Ella came with me. We were waiting for the doctor at the hospital. The doctor called us and I went inside.

"Hello, Ms. Reynolds."

"Hello."

"Okay, lie down, please." I laid down. I was so excited. "Here is your baby. You are about four weeks pregnant."

Four weeks. It was when we stayed in the cottage that I got pregnant. It was before he changed contraceptives. We left the hospital after the doctor had given me some information about pregnancy.

"What will you do now?"

"Nothing. The only important thing right now is my baby's health."

"When are you going to tell your parents?"

"I can't tell them. If I tell them, then they'll tell Xander's family and then he'll know too."

"But Xander might think of the possibility of you being pregnant. And how long are you going to keep this from them? You will show in a few weeks. And you said you called him, but his phone was turned off. Why did you change your mind?" she asked.

"I'll keep this hidden for as long as I can. What will I tell him? He is going to say that I'm using the baby to get him. I will stay in the house my parents have away from the city. My parents don't go there. Nobody will find me there. I'll tell my parents that I am going abroad."

"Whatever you want, whatever you decide, you can trust me."

Three days later

Xander's P.O.V

I got up in the morning and had breakfast. I was going back tomorrow. I hadn't called Lucas in a few days. The last time we talked, he said that she hadn't gone anywhere, that only her friend Ella and her mother had visited her a few times. I grabbed my phone and called Lucas, "Any news?"

"Yes, sir. She went to the hospital with her friend this morning. She had an appointment with an obstetrician." I smiled. I was going to be a father.