Chapter 10 - No escape plan

Xander's P.O.V.

When I woke up in the morning, Arianna was sleeping in my arms. She put her hand on my chest. I kissed her forehead and got up. I went to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, she was still sleeping like an angel. After I put my clothes on, I called my father again.

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, dad. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you and Arianna?"

"We are fine. Did you talk to David? When is the meeting going to take place?"

"I talked to him, son. There was an emergency, and he can’t make it to the meeting. So, the meeting is canceled."

"…Dad, you aren’t hiding anything from me, are you?"

"No, my son. What will I hide?"

"Okay, then we're going back tonight."

"See you later, son."

My father was planning something. He wanted Arianna and I to stay alone, but why? It was strange. Did he want us to be together? And he also didn’t bring up the Sophia topic again, too. I knew my father, he would do something to convince me at least to go on a date. My mother didn’t try to talk to me and persuade me either. But after that, none of them had ever opened that topic again. Maybe they had arranged something here, but why did they want me to go with Arianna?

 Maybe they had arranged something here, but why did they want me to go with Arianna?

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander was not in the bed. I wrapped the cover around my body and got up. Xander was in the living room. He looked at his phone. He was lost in his thoughts.

"Xander." He did not answer. I call his name again, "Xander?"

"Yes, baby."

"Are you fine? You got lost in your thought."

"Nothing. The meeting was canceled. He won’t be coming."

"Ok. I will take a shower."

He was still thinking. Something definitely happened. I took a shower and put my clothes on. We went to have breakfast. After breakfast, we decided to go to the sea. We changed our clothes and went to the beach. We swam together. Later I went to rest on the sun lounger. Xander was swimming. I lay down on the sun lounger and was looking at him.

 I lay down on the sun lounger and was looking at him