44

troye groaned while he looked down at the math problem in front of him, jacob just nudged his shoulder, which made the blue-eyed boy groan even more.

"come on, that's your last one, you can do it tro." he said kindly, making troye smile, the ray of sunlight reflecting across his raised cheekbones. jacob grinned down at the smaller boy, admiring the way his face seemed to shine as the sky turned from blue, to a lavender with sprinkles of crimson outside.

"is that right?" troye asked while pointing his pencil down to the quadratic function sitting atop his blue binder.

"yeah that's right love, the zeroes are -3,5. good job i'm proud of you." he responded in a cool voice, his eyes bright with excitement, they almost seemed glassy.

"thanks jake."

***

troye fell on the couch in front of him, furrowing his head into the cotton pillow while he screamed into it.

"what are you doing there tro?"

"letting some stress out, it's called highschool jacob." he replied sassily before throwing the hazel-eyed boy a set of cheeky pearls. jacob just chuckled softly, his eyes widening once they landed on his backpack. his eyes grew wide, quickly picking up the backpack and zipping it harshly. troye, of course, noticed his off actions before he curiously raised his eyebrows.

"what's in there?"

"nothing." jacob replied quickly, too quickly.

"lie again bixenman!" troye screeched before tearing the backpack from off the couch, before he bolted to the bathroom hallway and locked the door behind him.

"troye! troye, give it back now."

"why does your bathroom smell like vanilla cupcakes? i thought you were supposed to be a manly man!"

"troye! it was a gift from my mom- just shut up about the candle and give me my bag."

"a gift? did you get it this morning? jacob this shits a three-wick! it cost 22 dollars! you need to manage your money better."

"troye!"

"fine, fine. give me a second." jacob groaned as he heard troye unzipping his backpack, but he smiled once he heard the smaller boys giggles as he sifted through his backpack.

"i don't see anything! jacob, what the fuck? i ran for noth- oh." troye replied as his voice faded out. his frail hands held the the bag of marijuana to his chest. the green-bag with aliens on the outside contrasted greatly with troye's yellow knit sweater. he opened the door slowly, his face void of seemingly any emotion.

jacob's eyes fell as he saw the younger boy's face, he took the bag from troye's calm hands before looking at him curiously.

"listen, troye i didn't mean to make you mad! i don't want you to be angry with me, i'm honestly really, really sorry. i didn-"

"can we smoke it?" troye asked abruptly.

"wh-what?" jacob responded breathlessly.

"what i'm asking is, can we smoke it? here? right now?"

and honestly, jacob is at a loss for words, he wasn't expecting this. not in the slightest.

"are you sure?"

"would i be asking if i wasn't?"

"touche." is all jacob can say.

***

the two walked slowly to the couch, jacob a bit more cautiously than his younger counterpart. troye sat on the couch while jacob made sure the door was locked and the curtains were closed. he sat down next to troye and gave him an awkward smile, troye only rolled his eyes.