chapter 4

Just when I finished brushing my hair the doorbell rang. Camereen yelled "I'll get it!" I rolled my eyes out of annoyance at her immaturity. I ran down the stairs. Talk about immature. Still, I didn't want to seem rude. Even if he was an unwanted guest.

"No! I'll get it. He's not your date so go hide in our room." she tried to protest" go or I'll make you," know better she didn't argue and dashed up the steps. I hoped she didn't become nosy and look through my stuff. Still, I answered the door. What I saw next almost gave me a heart attack.

Alexander  from the audition was standing at my door step. I just couldn't get over the fact that I saw him not 40 minutes ago; here he is. I honestly thought I wouldn't see him again except for maybe at the high school I could get accepted into.

I saw the recognition in his eyes."Oh hey, didn't I just see you?"

By now I become very self aware. When I realized my mouth is hanging open I closed it. "Ummmm yeah, you did; now you are at my doorstep," which I find to be too much of a coincidence.

"So, are we going to spend the whole date at your door?"

"Oh, um, no. Come on in." I opened the door wider and step aside to let him in.

"So how did you meet Camereen?"

"Online," he blushes, probably realizing how nerdy he sounded.

 I knew that there was nothing wrong with being a nerd. Especially since I was quite the nerd myself . I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable because if he is uncomfortable then I am uncomfortable.

"It's ok. that's how she meets most of the guys in her life." but that made me blush because of how rude I sounded.

"oh," then came that awkward silence.

"Ummmm do you want something to drink? food?"

"Sure. Do you have sweet tea?"

"yeah. Like 3 jugs of it"

He laughs and I feel self conscious again. Then he looks at my face and saw my expression.

"oh I just have about 5 jugs at my place myself. I just think its funny that both of us like sweet tea that much," then we both started laughing.

Then the silence. Again! (this is getting to be really annoying)

"So,  you go to New York Talent High?" I ask. Trying to make conversation. Though I am pretty sure I'd fail at holding more than small talk.

"Umm yeah. I just started this year. Is your mom home?" that was a weird question. I tend to forget that most people my age still live with their parents

"No. I live with my roommate,"

"How does that work?"

"I am a junior. My mom kicked me out when I was 14 because she didn't like the fact that me and her boyfriend didn't get along. So, basically, she picked her boyfriend over me," I looked away embarrassingly. I only shared it cause maybe it would make him leave faster. He just sat there like he understood. What he didn't know was that that wasn't the whole truth. In fact, there was no boyfriend. She just told me to get out or she would call the copes. I don't know why. I have chosen to stop trying to understand

"Well sorry to hear that. At least you were able to find a place to live. It's better then living on the streets....." he looks at me like I was staring. Oops. I have never meet someone, tell them why I am living by myself (kinda) and take it so well.

"Well if it wasn't for Camereen, I would be living on the streets. I guess I should be happy that my friend, Danny, knew her." I was babbling. I don't even know why I was opening up. This kinda-unwelcome-guest. I think its kinda weird how easy it feelt. Then again everything feels weird right now.

"You know, you weren't half bad today," he said

"Really? Did you not see that stumble," but when I said it, I remembered exactly why I stumbled.

"Yeah well, don't we all?," he said with surprising ease.

I thought on this for a while. Maybe for a little to long. Cause Alexander said my name a few times.

"Um yeah sorry. I guess we do,"

"So, what else do you do with your time?"

"Mostly read or hang out with my best friend, Danny. you?"

"Oh nothing exciting. Mostly studying and trying to stay in this school,"

"Oh cool,"

And I'm still trying to figure out why he is here.

"So, Alexander..."

"Alex, please"

"Ok Alex. Why did your agree to this blind date. You look like the kind of guy that has girls all over you?"

"Well originally Camreen said that she was going to the movies with a guy and she invited me. But I said I didn't want to be a third wheel. So then she said that she would take care of that. And before I could say anything she took off," he looked around before saying "but I have a feeling first you didn't know about it and second she never really had a date. Am I correct?"

I rolled my eyes and said "probably. Typical Camreen though," he shook his head, chuckling.

Then there was stomping and Camreen came marching in

"I'll have you know that I actually have a date tonight!" she points her finger at Alexander, pardon me Alex. Then she turned towards me an said "and he will be here in a few minutes,"

YUP! THAT CHAPTER WAS INTERESTING! AND A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO WRITE! DON'T ASK WHY! IT JUST WAS! *twirling in rose petals saying "I'm as sweet as a rose and sharp like one to. Don't mess with me or I'll stab you with glee" (don't ask. It just sounded good!) LOVE YOU ALL!! (and my dads birthday is tomorrow, march 4th!)

SAMANTHA_Dream