chapter 1

Crying.

Screaming.

I woke up doing both. I had a dream that I was being burned alive. I'm not a witch. I cant be a witch.

I push my blanket off and swing my legs out of bed. I find myself soaked in tears and sweat. I get up and find myself something to wear. I pick out a pair of skinny jeans, a purple tank top, and a black sweater.

As I grab my drenched clothes off of the floor next to my dresser. I find a envelop with no name on it. I look at my roommate. Then at the envelope. I decide to open it. When I pick up the envelope I take notice that its not sealed. Witch means the person who left it here was 1) does not care or 2) was in a hurry.

I pull out a folded white paper. I unfold it. It reads:

Madison Grey,

Believe The Dreams!

No one signs it. And I realize that it doesn't say your dreams. This scares me.

I'm not a witch.

I can't be a witch.

This dream has been recurring since I saw the burning a few months ago. I remember I was horrified! As I watch the burning I get this tingling feeling in my fingers. This is wrong. This witch is a person too. Just because she is a little different. She's still a human being. It's not like she had a choice to be a witch or not. Everyone knows that. But as I think this, the flames start to fade away. And when they are all gone I feel tired and the tingling is gone. "Are you ok?" My best friend , Danny asked. He grabs my arm while I tell him I don't feel well.

After this , Danny and I decide not to go to the Burnings anymore. I'm not a witch. I can't be a witch. But now...I'm not sure. But today I can't get the dream out of my head. The smell of smoke wafted fromdown my hair. I gotta shake this dream. I head to the shower despite the fact I just got dressed.

I'm not a witch.

I can't be a witch.

Not so sure ahbout that anymore.

I rush to the bathroom and it wasn't until the water was on my back that I finally relaxed. As I shampoo, condition, repeat. Soap up, repeat. I then lose my self in luxury. Flames out of sight. Only thing I could smell now was my lavander soaps.

But I have to get back to reality. So I turn the water off and got dry and put my cloths back on.

Then I heard a old car horn and I looked at the my little poney digital clock. It was only 8:42. Danny's early. I ground and I grabbed my make up box and my dress shoes. I had a big interview today. I was early thanks to a certain dumb ass down stairs. I grabbed my phone and keys, left a brief note for my roommate telling her where I went. I was running out that door.

I hop in glaring.

"You're a fucking prick you know that !" I told Danny.

"And you're a grouch" he commented before saying "and a mess"

I looked down at myself and rolled my eyes. "Go to the seven eleven down the road so I can change and do my hair and make up." I demanded. He did what I asked and I climbed to the back and pulled the curtain for privacy.

About 20 minutes later I merged out of the back with hair curled my business suit on and make up done.

"wow" Danny said with his mouth open "this must mean a lot to you. You wouldnt even settle for a suit instead of youre sweats for prom"

I shoved his shoulder "This is different"

"Yeah well I didn't know you needed to look like a businesswoman and all" he did a sarcastic gesture with his hands.

"Just drive to the theater."

"OK OK"

As he drove I tried to control my nerves and failed. Miserably. Eventually, we made it to the run down theater. As I take a deep breath Danny wished me good luck. When he pointed out that I forgot my papers. Before I could start panicking he handed me a venial envelope. I grinned my thanks.

Then I was standing in front of the steps to getting into the best arts and talent college in New York (New Yorks Talent Academy). It was screaming in my face to get the hell in there. But there is a part of me whispering, "What if they don't want you? What if they laugh at you? What if this isn't meant for you? But I silenced that voice and tried to concentrate on not tripping. It worked and I pushed the big gold doors open.

Inside was also had that beautiful old run down look. With a big stage in the fount. As I walked towards the stage I look over towards the sitting area. I see a table near the front about 3 rows away from the stage. I started panicking again but squelched it instantly.

One of the people who were sitting at the table, there were three of them, stood up from their seat. It was a women with black hair, or that's what it looked like in this light. She was wearing a blue and green shirt and jeans. Suddenly I felt overdressed. She had on glasses that were placed at the tip of her nose.

The women spoke "State your name, age, and then you'll be given an excerpt from one of our plays. Then you will go to the backroom so you can read and practice. Then, when you hear your name, you will come up and do the part."

She finished and waited and I remembered I had to say my name and age.

"My name is Madison Grey. I'm 16."

I walked off the stage and a boy with a black t-shirt and plain blue jeans handed me a piece of paper. I looked over the script. It was about a girl in love with a murderous boy. She is talking him out of killing some poor innocent girl. This would be the kind of thing I would write. I knew I was going to kill this.

Then I looked around me to see if there was anyone around me. There wasn't. This must be one of those auditions where they have one person at a time come in.

The boy at the door called my name and told me that a guy named Alexander would be reading the male role. I nodded at him. I then returned to the stage.

On the stage stood a boy, Alexander. He had light brown hair and the same outfit the other boy at the door had on. The women spoke up "Alexander will start us off. Give us all you got"-she looked at a paper she wrote my name on-"Miss.Grey. begin."

The boy Alexander began"I swear! I'll shoot her if you come any closer!"he spoke,no yelled, with so much passion I believed him.

I read my line"no! don't shoot her. Just put the gun down." I moved closer as if i was coming toward a scared animal.

Alexander: "I can't. all the pain----

Me:"I know - I know. Put the gun down and take my hand.All your pain , all the bad things, will go away and you, we, can be happy and safe again.

Alexander:but------" then there was an explosion. In my the tips of my fingers, a tingling feeling derive. I remembered having that feeling at the witch burning. I had never wanted to feel that again. EVER!

HEY YEAH I KNOW CLIFFHANGER. BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT IT WAS PRETTY AWESOME. 

LOVE YOU BYE BYE

Lil Birdy <3