Chapter 17

"WHAT THE HELL AIDEN!" I scream in fright. "WHERE'S THE EXIT SERIOUSLY!?"

  "I said I, DON'T, KNOW!"

  "I told you this would happen! I told you to come earlier! I told you somebody would love to get rid of me!" I yell. This is not happening. I need to get out of here.

  "I didn't know this would happen, okay?" Aiden replies.

  "So how do we go back?" I ask nervously.

  "Portal" He replies dumbly.

  "IT'S NOT HERE AIDEN!"

  "We can't go back then"

►▶ Alex ◀◄

  I'm on the way to my house, in my car. I can't remember to forget you is going on the radio. I turn it off and look ahead. I take a deep breath and think about my encounter with Bess. I want to stay with her, but I can't. It's my duty to protect her. I have to resist any feelings for her, but I have to admit, I'm not able to.

  She's... overwhelming.

  I see my house nearing. I park my car and get out. There's a lake nearby, a perfect place to dream about everything I can't get. Some of which are peace and freedom. I like to imagine a place without Razack, a place without war. Ideal place to live in. But that only happens in dreams right?

  I know one thing for sure, history repeats itself. But nobody seems to understand how to solve problems! Humans have no idea how to make peace, World War One and World War Two should have knocked some sense in them.

  At least... humans didn't destroy a planet like my ancestors.

  I, my friends, my sister, my enemies and everybody I know has seen Minerva only in pictures. I've heard about the sphere, but it's probably a myth or something. I mean, who could possibly have a sphere that leads to a planet that's like a billion miles away? Pssh no way.

  "AHH! HELLP UH-" Who's that? The sound seems to be coming from the lake.

  I run to the lake and see the silhouette of three people. One lying on the ground, and two fighting. "STOP" I scream, but it doesn't seem to work. Guess I've got to stop them myself.

  I pull the two boys apart. "What the hell are you guys-" One of them punches my face. "Ow what was that for?"

  "Now what are you doing here?" The deep voiced male narrows his eyes. "You are supposed to be in Rashi-" Before he could finish, the other guy knocks him down with a stone. The man falls down and I see blood oozing out of his head. The last rays of the setting sun fall on his pale face.

  It's a Trizex.

  I turn around and look at the other boy. "Damien?" I exclaim. "What are you doing here?"

  "I was taking a stroll," Tears escape his eyes. He looks down at the still body next to him and bends to turn it over. "with Amorie. Help her Alex. Do anything"

  I look at her still face. Her body is resting on a pool of blood. There's a knife sticking out from her waist. I bend down and check her pulse. I press her hand, then I press her neck. I look at Damien to see his reaction.

  "Is she dead?" Damien's holding back tears. His heart's beating loud and fast. His hands are shaking. I see sweat covering his whole body. "Alex! Tell me! Is she dead?" He screams for the answer.