Chapter 12

►▶ Bess ◀◄

  I'm on my bed. The softest bed on Earth. I feel so tired after running behind Aiden so much. Haha you won't believe what we did if I told you.

{Flashback}

Oh and {enter dramatic music}

  Aiden started running after throwing the pillow and I ran behind. He went down the stairs and I followed. He was pretty fast so I ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where he was heading but I didn't care. My goal was to get him and bash him. He took some lefts and rights and I did the same.

  "AIDEN STOP YOU CHICKEN!" I screamed.

  "CATCH ME SLOW POKE!" He screamed back.

  We ran and ran and ran and ran. And ran. Geez! This place is huge!

  Until finally  I cornered him. In the kitchen. Where there are a number of objects waiting to catch fire.

  "HA HA!" I went near him.

  He shot a water bolt at me. Not the strong one of course, but enough to get me drenched from top to bottom. I got really angry and tried to shoot a water bolt at him.

  Instead, I shot a fire bolt. Which fortunately missed Aiden, but unfortunately hit something highly combustible.

  BOOM!

  Fire everywhere!

  Aiden shot water bolts at it.

  I got so scared I peed in my pants. Haha no just kidding. I ran to get help.

  When I returned with Kelsie, Owen and Kayla, fire was out. Thankfully. But there was one teeny tiny problem.

  Everything including Aiden in the room was black, filled with ashes.

  "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE!?" Owen screamed angrily. Understandable. I will kill the person who broke my sandcastle. But I guess a sandcastle is easier to build than a really big kitchen.

  Right?

  "There was fire" I finally gathered courage and stated something very obvious.

  "Really? I thought it was water" Owen was bloody angry. And his sarcasm sounded like a threat, so I decided to keep quiet.

  But Aiden didn't get it. "Water was involved too" He said dumbly.

  "You both are so dead" Owen lifted us up with his power and started shaking us vigorously.

  He put us down after about ten minutes. I opened my eyes but all I could see was things flying around here and there. God I was so dizzy. I am still dizzy!

  Then I managed to get up, shower and get to bed. Aiden's probably sleeping now. Yes, I'm bloody tired but I'm not getting sleep.

  Where's Alex? I hope he didn't get upset because of what I told.

  It's my mistake. I know I shouldn't have been so rude to him. But I couldn't help it, really. It's the only way to control my heart. The way he talks, the way he smiles, the way his hair points in every direction, hum... everything. Everything just brings me closer to him.

  But that doesn't matter. He doesn't feel the same towards me.

  Last time he called us friends, I really broke down. I don't want that to happen again. That's the reason I'm trying to get away from him.

  I should have handled it in a different way, instead of being so rude to him. He was only trying to protect me. None of this is his fault. He's already going through so much trouble and I just added to that.