Chapter 16

Thank you @Swiftie13Initiate for the banner

  Aiden draws the direction to the secret location on the back of the pamphlet.

  "Why did the Trizex not take the sphere with them?" I ask.

  "Why would they want to? There's nothing here on Minerva"

  "What about the secret place?" I don't think the Trizex forgot about that. I mean, how will they? It's one of Kruzex's first possessions on Earth.

  "Our ancestors searched high and low for this place, but nobody could find it" He explains. "At one point, they assumed the whole place was a hoax"

  "But who wouldn't spot a giant rock?" I ask confused.

  "Maybe this rock was buried, and as time evolved, natural causes brought it to the surface. Even if it wasn't like that, who would go around checking every rock? This map isn't even clear from near. There's one more catch to it, the tunnel changes it's opening every time. So you don't land in the same place every time"

  "Ohh" I drag.

  "Yes, thanks to your limited edition shoe" He laughs.

  I laugh.

  "Okay, I'm done with the drawing. Ready to go?"

  "Let's do this" I wink. Aiden smiles and starts walking.

  "Hey, won't the people on Earth search for us?" I ask, suddenly realizing.

  "No they won't" He assures me. "Because the first place they'll search is the training room. They'll notice the sphere there, so they'll know that we're here on Minerva"

  "What will happen if somebody closes the sphere?"

  "Problem"

  "What?" I ask nervously.

  "We won't be able to go back until they open it again" He replies casually.

  "Can we go back Aiden? I'm getting a bad feeling now" I plead. "Let's come back with Owen"

  There are so many problems already. Somebody might actually close the sphere to get rid of me. Who knows? I'm the biggest problem in Krux.

  "Nothing will happen, cool down" He consoles. "Bringing Owen with us will be more dangerous because there won't be anybody on Earth to guard the sphere"

  "Okay, so where's the exit? I mean, to Earth?" I enquire. "Is that at least stable? Or should we search for it?"

  "It's stable" He laughs. "You look cute when you're nervous"

  "Aiden I'm serious! Where's it?" I ask annoyed.

  "In Reflesia. I'll take you there, don't worry"

  "Take me now!" I command.

  "Bess nothing's going to happen! I've been here like a thousand times!"

  "Please Aiden, please" I beg. I don't want to spend my last days on a planet filled with rocks. "Come back later. I'm not interested in weapons"

  "You have to be. You're a princess, and you have duties. You have to protect our people" He tries to make me understand, but it's not working.

  "You're a prince" I argue. "Weapons and stuff like that should be taken care of by you! I'll take care of the number of chocolates bought"

  "Very funny" He states tonelessly.