Chapter 8

Hello my wonderful readers C: It's been a while since I've posted but I've been working on this chapter for about a month now, in my spare time and what not (which is close to non-existent) and I think its finally ready! Though I do not post chapters as often as I'm sure some of you would like, I am NOT ever giving up on this book. For the first time ever in my writing career, I wrote a book that I am so deeply in love with, and I couldn't ever imagine ditching it. So thank you all for your patience now, and in the future! Feel free to leave a comment, and don't forget to show your love by leaving a vote! Love you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaname sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his patience low. Analia was awake, and here he was wasting time talking to his idiotic friend, when he should be working on mending his relationship with his soon to be queen.

"Make it quick, Rikel... I've got matters to attend to."

Kaname's voice was low, but laced with irritation. There were bags under his eyes, yet he was still the most handsome creature one could lay their eyes on. Leaning against the wall, he stared at Rikel, awaiting his reply. Time was ticking, and knowing his precious little Analia, she'd be getting curious in a matter of minutes.

"Kaname... I think it's time you come home. The kingdom is falling apart and word has spread around that the witches are planning to attack. With you being gone, we're quite vulnerable and weak, if I may say. Your people need you, Lord Kaname."

Rikel locked eyes with his best-friend, his shoulders slumped. They had done everything they could back home to prepare for the oncoming war, but even an innocent outsider (aka human) would be able to tell that it wasn't enough. As Kaname sighed, Rikel turned towards the door, "I'm returning to the Kingdom tonight, just in case things have changed, but please Kaname...as soon as possible, come home."

The door slammed shut behind Rikel, his footsteps leaving prints in the snow as he made his way to the shattered gates. He wasn't sure why Kaname had chose to stay in the broken castle anyways, seeing as he had a grand castle and plenty more back home. He had gotten Analia, so what business did he still have there? Shaking his head, Rikel stepped over the rubbish, shoving his hands into his pockets. The wind rushed through his hair, his cheeks taunting red as the cold air kissed his pale skin. Rikel's steps slowed as the smell of fresh blood filled his nose, the scent intoxicating and overwhelmingly delicious. His mouth watered as he followed the scent, small foot prints planted in the snowy pathway into the forest. Surely the prints weren't from one of Kaname's men. Had someone survived? Surely not, seeing as the bloodshed had been many days ago and the scent was so fresh. Sniffing the air, Rikel progressed further into the forest, his pace quickening. His eyes clouded with a red luster, his fangs elongating into his lip causing blood to drip down his chin. The closer he got, the more the scent consumed him. He was losing what minimal restraint he had. His eyes scanned the forest, looking in the bushes and behind trees in a desperate attempt to get his fix.

Analia sat behind the trunk of a fir tree, her hand dripping with blood as she held it in her lap. She had been foolish to go out into the forest dressed as she was, and within moments of leaving the castle, she had come to regret it. Her feet bled as well, having ran across a patch of thorns hidden beneath the white blanket. The snow beneath her had soaked up every drop of red, no longer pure and untouched. Her heart raced with worry as she tried to stay hidden, craving freedom and fresh air. She wasn't sure where she would go after this either, or if she even had some place to go. Everyone she had come to know and love had died, and she hadn't ever stepped foot outside of the kingdom to meet other people. Until now, that is... Analia looked up as a tall figure shadowed over her, her stomach dropping. The way their eyes glowed red, and drool dripped down from their lips spread fear throughout her small being. "R-Rikel?" She remembered his name from their meeting at the castle, having been unable to ignore his charm and grace...but now he was different. He looked like a monster; one ready to devour her.

Rikel stared down at Analia, his red lustful eyes widening. She was supposed to be in her room, or with Kaname, not in the forest bleeding. He reached out to her only to pull his hand back quickly, taking a step away from her. If he touched her, he would only lose control and no doubt drink her dry. Kaname would kill him as a result, no questions asked. Staring down at her, Rikel fought the devil on his shoulder, swallowing the lump in his throat, forcing his eyes shut instead.

"Analia, you shouldn't be out here," He bit out, his teeth clenched. "Kaname is probably looking for you by now.. you should head back before something bad happens to you."

Rikel felt bad for not offering to help her, but he was using all of his strength just to keep from devouring her. Opening his eyes, he glanced over her, noticing she had quite a few injuries. "I know he isn't the easiest to deal with, but he had good intentions. You don't know it yet, but he has loves you, and you love him too." While he wanted to devour her mercilessly, like the true monster he was, he didn't dare forget to whom she belonged to..

Analia reached out and grabbed his pants as he turned to walk away, her face soaked with tears of ache and fear. "H-he killed my entire Kingdom.. and it's like I'm some prisoner! I-I can't go back. I don't care what he wants!"

Rikel swallowed hard as Analia's blood soaked his pants, his eyes consumed by the red luster, his throat aching most painfully. She smelled like Heaven, and Rikel was almost positive he was ready to die if it meant getting a taste of her blood. "You humans are so naive! Just because something doesn't go your way, you'll throw a fit and risk your life. You wouldn't last 5 minutes on your own Analia, go home!"

"I don't have a home!" Analia couldn't hold in her anger any longer, rage and revenge running through her as the wind bit at her face. Pulling herself up to stand with her shaky legs, she gripped his arm tightly. "Take me with you, I don't care where you're goin-," Analia was cut off as her back was slammed against the trunk of the tree, Rikel's body pressing against hers. She could see his elongated fangs and the hunger manifesting in his eyes.

"Rikel, I thought you had gone home." His voice was sharp and threatening as he stepped out from the shadows. Kaname watched Rikel carefully, leaning against the neighboring tree, daring his best friend to go against him. His own eyes glowed with a red luster, though it was darker than Rikel's, seeing as he had given his soul to the darkness. Analia's smell was quite strong and he knew it was only a matter of time before other vampires came running in search of their next meal. A meal that would be their last if they were brave enough.

Analia trembled beneath Rikel, her vision blurry with tears. All she had wanted was to be free, but she knew now that it was a hopeless dream. As Rikel hovered with hesitation, tears ran down her face, coating her chapped lips with sorrow filled saltiness. She had lost a decent amount of blood by now, and if Rikel were to take anymore from her she would surely die, or come close to death. Her breath was shaky as Rikel finally stepped back, allowing her to collapse to the ground.

Rikel stared at Kaname with his red glowing eyes, blood coating his body from pressing against Analia. "Be thankful I found her before anyone else. It's not my fault she ran away, just remember that." His voice was low and rough as he turned away from the two of them, heading out of the forest.

Kaname stared at Analia as she curled up in a ball, her tears dripping down into the snowy forest floor. He had been terrified when he had gone up to an empty room. He had thought perhaps she had decided to wander around the castle, not that she had run away. She had ran away from him. "You're hurt, Analia.. I'm going to take you back to the castle now." Kaname had suspected that she would come to hate him, despite him constantly erasing her memories. Because she didn't remember anything that had happened since he had saved her, all she had manifesting in her heart was fear from the night of the war. He had forced her into this horrible situation, but he had no way to fix it at the moment.

Picking Analia up, he held her close to his body as he followed the path back to the castle. Perhaps he deserved her hatred. While all he wished to do was keep her safe, he realized now that this wasn't the right way to do it. After his talk with Rikel, he had made up his mind. They would return to his real kingdom, his home, where his army of vampires awaited his return with their soon to be queen. There, he would work on making Analia happy, and most importantly- he would work on making her love him, just as he loved her.